Badger Classic

Help Support Steer Planet:

doubled

Anyone going??? I think we are taking 6-8 of them- We really like this show its really competitive but very well run
Sound like the weather might be iffy though

insurance guy

Planning on going right now, but they are talking ICE  :mad:  in Iowa all weekend.  Skating with the gooseneck is no fun.  We may end up staying home because of the weather.

doubled

talked to the kids today at the badger, the barns are full and the weather is awful was snowing like crazy but alot of calves there

doubled

Shebet21 said:
Glad to hear the turn out is good considering the weather. How many did you guys end up taking?
We clipped on 6 or so but ended up taking the three that were the most ready due to the weather, if the weather had been perfect we would have
taken6-8  a couple for display to sell but just did not want to mess with that many in the ice.  Have not heard from the crew today, hopefully the roads will
be okay for the trip home tonight, ya know as a Mom I worry- hehe :-\

doubled

Shebet21 said:
Any word on you're crew? How did the show go?

It went as well as it can go I guess considering the level of competition there from several states, the barns were full, and the weather not the best,
we were toward the top end of each class, we feel pretty good the steer was behind a 30,000 steer and the market heifer should have won her class even the
judge said something about it being either way for her, but of course not our way, the guys said the judge was definately a halter judge, but that is just how
it goes, it was good for the calves to get out though, we definately feel the calves are going to be more than competitive this spring and summer, we feel really
good about that, one heifer was not feeling up to par so we did not show her- Overall we did well and the calves looked good and had lots of lookers that is
the important thing- we should have a good year this year. I think the classes had over 11 or 12 in the classes so pretty tough throughout the whole thing.
The guys said the black top roads are awful here in Iowa.