Barn Burned down. Lost EVERYTHING!

Help Support Steer Planet:

Jacob B

Not sure if we can even build another barn at this time, but I think we are going to try and find some used equipment for now for our little girl to be able to show if and/or when we get started again.

If you have any or know of anybody that may have some for sale please give me a call or send me a PM. 

Thanks.

justintime

I'm so sorry to hear your tragic post of losing your barn. I am sure there must be some way SP members can assist and help you gather some show equipment and other things you will need to rebuild.  To start with, where are you located at? I expect we can gather quite a list of show equipment for you. It isn't a new barn but it is something to start with. Did you have any insurance and if so, what will it cover?  For those of us who live farther away, maybe we can forward some cash to help pay for the barn.

Gargan

Or even a benefit auction? Especially if you didn't have any insurance. I have some semen lots I would donate

Jacob B

Grant, I'm just down her in Michigan.  I did have insurance, but not much.  Had very little coverage on it, it may cover about 1/3 of what it will cost to rebuild.  Never dealt with anything like this before.  Never thought it would happen to us kinda thing.  Pretty big bummer to say the least.  Didn't loose any of the critters.  Had a bunny rabbit that got pretty warm but he's a survivor. Never thought anything like this would happen to me and my family.  Not sure what we will do with that for now, but I know my little girls aren't gunna let me give up on having some cows around home.  They miss them SOOOO much already. 
Appreciate the idea of a benefit, but I couldn't do something like that. Just wondering if any of ya had any used equipment for sale.  Crazy to stop and think about it, when we went to get the cows and show calves out of the pens afterwards, we didn't even have any halters to put on them.     

herfluvr

Will you please post an address to make it easier to send some things please.  Sorry about your loss but there will be people to lend a had.  Livestock people are good ones.  So glad your stock is ok! 

Jacob B

Would rather not post my address and all that on the public forum.  Will send you a PM if ya got anything for sale, just let me know.  That's part of what I love about the cattle industry, there are some really great people.
Thanks again. 

justintime

Would it be an idea if you could make a list of things you need, and also a list of things you have got. It would be some work for you, but it would help people who want to know how they can help. There is no need for you to receive 10 of one thing you need when one or two would be enough. For example, I have two or three blowers around here that still work, that I would be glad to send to you at no cost, and they certainly would be good enough to use at home or even at shows until you get established again. But if you don't need a blower or have some available, it doesn't make much sense for me to send you another.

And please don't feel obligated to have to buy everything, if some people want to offer to give you some things. I would rather give someone a few things when they have had a disaster than try to get some money for them. I think there are others who feel the same way.

Jacob B

Feed pans
wash brush
curry comb
scotch combs (any kind)
neck ties
rope halters
blower(s)
plastic spray bottle(s)
show stick
show harness
fan(s)
lasso
hose(s)
spray nozzles
fogger(s)
Anything else you can think of.  We really did loose everything.

If you want to pm me i can send my address and update post as I acquire things.