Barn gossip

Help Support Steer Planet:

chambero

I like Lance Armstrong, but there isn't anyway he wasn't taking something.  He was just smart enough not to get caught.  No way one human is that much better than everyone else naturally when those he is beating are cheating like crazy and taking everything known to mankind and then some. They all train hard.  I imagine there is more than a little going on in all professional sports.  If guys at steer shows can figure out how to get by tests imagine what you can figure out when you have whole labs backing you.  They know every withdrawal time and masking agent possible.

It would be more honest if they'd open it up and say anything goes.

DL

chambero said:
I like Lance Armstrong, but there isn't anyway he wasn't taking something.  He was just smart enough not to get caught.  No way one human is that much better than everyone else naturally when those he is beating are cheating like crazy and taking everything known to mankind and then some. They all train hard.  I imagine there is more than a little going on in all professional sports.  If guys at steer shows can figure out how to get by tests imagine what you can figure out when you have whole labs backing you.  They know every withdrawal time and masking agent possible.

It would be more honest if they'd open it up and say anything goes.

And with bicycle racing you don't have to worry about drug residue in meat~! (lol) (lol) (lol)

afhm

Wasn't there something on tv showing were Armstrong has a heart that was larger than the average human heart which accounted for his accelerated performance.  Seems like it increased the blood flow and oxygen some how.  If I get some time I will try and google it.

DL

afhm said:
Wasn't there something on tv showing were Armstrong has a heart that was larger than the average human heart which accounted for his accelerated performance.  Seems like it increased the blood flow and oxygen some how.  If I get some time I will try and google it.

Most elite athletes have bigger hearts - it is just like pumping iron - the heart is a muscle and it hypertrophies just like your biceps! (not yours personally afhm- generic biceps
;) ;)

Show Heifer

Armstrong is actually "super human". Honestly. They did medical test and his blood carries more oxygen than the average person. His heart is quite a bit bigger than a normal athlete. His muscles do not react to CO2 like normal. And I forget what else.....but part is due to genetics and part was due to his training.
Yes, he did take steriods for cancer treatment, BUT....most steriods I know in the human med, greatly diminishes after you stop taking it...and I doubt he raced while he was on his death bed.  My cousin took steriods for a treatment and I guarantee you SHE didn't feel like doing crap, even though she was on 'riods.
He won several of his titles before his cancer.
Maybe I am in denial, but I honestly think he is just a rare individual that took full advantage of his bodies capabilities.  All of the neg drug test, his demeanor, convinced me.

And for you saying he had to cheat to win.....why is it he cheated to dominate a sport, but when we speak of someone that dominates showing a calf, it is always "just work harder and beat them" and "why is it always the winner that is accused of cheating to win?"

And Chambero, I agree, lets get rid of all the rules for cattle shows and be honest....if you can do it, dream it, or create it, it is ok to do. Heck, lets just get of rules for everything....that would be the most honest thing to do.

occ

Our kids who show cattle all dress very professionally and appropriately.  Not so at our county market hog show.  There are two sisters who evidently buy into "bigger, lower, tighter".  These are very pretty, smart, sweet girls, but... two years ago, while bending over her pig in the show ring, one's thong was showing above her jeans (my husband saw it first,elbows in his ribs), they always wear tight sweaters, or blouses unbuttoned nearly to the belly button, low low jeans, last year had tight, low-cut sweaters with matching stiletto-heel pumps.  I kept waiting for one to fall.     

knabe

i think lance won ALL his tour de France's AFTER his cancer.  he dropped out in 96 with complications from it.  Remember, the big heart gene is in horses too, from eclipse, secretariat had it too, as well as one of the largest horse hearts ever measured, if not the biggest.  evander holyfield has a big heart.  not convinced it is a gene that is desirable for the general population.  Rules, this country was founded on then enforcment of contracts. 

went to the santa clara county fair cattle show yesterday.  talk about gossip.  several kids were complaining about the winners in the tight pants winning.  couldn't believe it, even at a small show that there was only enough cattle to judge in 3 hours, and had to get neighboring counties to participate.

interesting that there are rules other people can't touch a kids cattle in 4H.  yet, a few of the kids were not clipping their cattle, some were getting yelled at while they were in the ring, including the showmanship winner, who did not appear to be happy.  the kids that were participating were taking their vocation seriously, but need more exposure, ie the state fair or other jackpot shows, if just attending to watch and ask questions.  if have a few pictures, and i'll post them on another thread.  judge made EVERY animal in showmanship move by twisting their tail, and switched showman in the advanced class for everyone, and commented every one of them brushed their animal after he felt the animal for cover including the cod and flank and commented that all of them combed their animal before they got them set and commented that he already knew what they felt like and that it was more important to get them set, then brush.

stick

how'd we get from thong wearing, skin tight shirted, Electric Horseman belt wearing,  low cut jeans wearing, (OK I'll say it since no one else will, slutty looking showmen er women) to Lance Armstrong? :eek: :eek: ;D

knabe

i got sidetracked, it was me, but i did include some comments about our show in santa clara county yesterday and comments how the "wrong" people were winning.  IMHO, i thought the placings were appropriate, though i have to admit it would have been very easy for someone else showmanship with a little exposure to win, in cluding many of the ones who showed at the surf and turf at the san benito fairgrounds a couple of weeks ago. the right fat steer won, the judge correctly placed a lighter muscled correctly finished steer second in the market class over a heavier muscled lighter finished steer. from there, there was a mismash of body types, muscling and finish.  monday i'll post pics, forgot my cable today.  ;D

Latest posts