barns

Help Support Steer Planet:

pigguy

We have our barn all laid out. but i cant find anybody to build it. we have 3 building companys that build meatal building. but none of them can put the exterior stall doors on the barn. any sugestions

knabe

pigguy, if the doors are sliders, it is EXTREMELY easy to put these on with a level and sheet metal screws.  if  you have sliders, make sure you ask for extra hangers.  typically, the doors have only three hangers.  i had mine have two more welded on.  also the keepers on the bottom are easy to install, you just have to fiddle with EXACTLY where they go, otherwise you will have gaps in your door.

pigguy

but then the door way is not framed and  when i have horses in it they will always be cut up.

knabe

hi pigguy, i'm not an MDbarns salesman, but do you mean the keepers at the bottom would cut them up?  they are pretty standard.  also, their doors have a nice release you just pull down you can see in the first pic with the first vertical bar on the left.  they are usually mounted flush with the cement or ground on the bottom.

http://www.mdbarns.com/catalogD.aspx?Catalogid=9

there's a better pic of the stall latch here in the retractable door latch pic

http://www.mdbarns.com/specification.aspx

pigguy

no i mean the actual building i cant get any body to build a barn wth the framed door ways. becaus ei fthey arent framed or something i will always be getting cuts on all the animals

pigguy

thanks for showing me that website. it is just like the other companys barns but hopefuly this place will actually call back

justme

We did our barn door, not thinking about the sides.  We did have a heifer cut her side.  You'll have to put some metal framing around it or its a big pain it the behind.

Latest posts