Barrel Racer's baby colt..

Help Support Steer Planet:

Barrel Racer

After 376 days my foal is finally here... He came at 4:30 a.m. on April 15th, not sure on the color he looks bay but has zebra striped legs, definately a stud colt.  Mom and baby are both well, mom is very protective and won't let anyone near the baby just yet. I have three names up in the air for him:  Streakin up the Hill, Fling on the Hill, Streakin Moon Bug.  I have pictures attached hopefully they are not huge!

Attachments

• baby1.jpg
    baby1.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 264
  • baby2.jpg
    baby2.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 278
  • baby3.jpg
    baby3.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 283

red

Barrell Racer- he's great!!!
I resized them & lightened them up a little.
Can't wait to see him grow up!
Love all the names!!

(welcome)

Red

Barrel Racer

Thanks Red! I'm dumb when it comes to attaching pictures to anything!  They look great!  He was about 6 hours old in those pictures.  I'm going to get more when I go visit him on Wednesday.  I sure wish I knew what color he was going to be. 

genes

He sure is cute.  you should call him Streakin' under the Moon  ;D 

He looks bay....sometimes babies have what look like dun factor, but isn't truly.  It's just their camoflauge.  What color was Dad?

Red - baby horses are notorious for changing colour a lot for the first year or so.  How much though kind of depends on which colour they are.  Bays like this guy are usually born kind of light underneath and on their legs, but that darkens up and the legs turn the black you usually see.

Barrel Racer

Thanks guys!
Dad was a bay roan.  I know sounds wierd but he's neat looking guy.  If you interested his website is www.fultonranch.com and he's under a Streak of Fling.  Mom is black. 
Genes I like Streakin under the Moon, I'll have to add that one to the list!! 

red

I know what you mean barrel Racer! I call my red & white bull a "handsome young man" I usually get lots of laughs because he kind of has a rather large head!
He is the daddy of you colt! He is a super looking stud!

StreakRoping1.jpg

knabe

if he's got streakin 6 or bug in him

streakin moon bug is good, though highly referenced.

streakin crescent bug
streakin lunar bug
streakin jitter bug (self fullfiling prophecy?)

DL

CONGRATS - at long last! !He is pretty cute and you know I am into cute! I am still into the Bug name, Streakin Moon Bug - I LIKE IT! (I know it doesn't matter what I or anybody else likes he is your long awaited baby, leave it to hubbie to want to sell him!) -  but  I would think for a speed horse you would want him over the moon not under it!  ;D  Glad everything finally happened and happened good! I had 2 babies on Friday the 13th - but I guess my karma was good - 2 black polled bull calves unassisted out of heifers - all is well - Red, one is the Northern Improvement (lots of bone and very cool out of a Payoff x Patent cow) and the second is a Rio (he was a Harding "calving ease" bull 5/8 Maine, 1/4 Angus, 1/8 Simmie - 88 lbs) out of a Strutt x Pollstar (back to Impact and Witch Doctor cow) he has a white star, stars on all 4 feet and white tip of the tail (now that's cute) --- it is a T year, I have used up all my Sabres defensemen and now have to come up with a new theme! It has been a very bullish year her - might ending up

PS as a congratulatory gift I sent you a straw of Polleroid
(lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

Barrel Racer

Thanks everybody I just can't believe he's finally here!  Yes that's Streaker, he's such a nice looking horse.  He was AAA SI98 on the track and then they are able to rope off of him now.  I'm hoping I get a race colt and then able to transition into barrels once the race career is over. 
So here is a link to the baby's pedigree, so maybe you guys might be able to pick up some more names.  http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/sofbaby

DL, glad that calving went well for you despite Friday the 13th, it snowed like crazy here on Sat., it was insane I thought we were going to have a blizzard!  Oh thanks for the present, I'll let you know as soon as I can.  I know all of the pedigree crew is anxious. 

genes

Oh so he could be bay or bay roan.  I think often the roan doesn't show up until they change coats.  Now you'll be waiting on that...But hey you handled a 376 day gestation

char

you're baby is absolutely handsome.....congrats and i am glad that mom and baby are doing well...char (clapping)