Barrel Racer's new baby foal came this morning..

Help Support Steer Planet:

Barrel Racer

Just wanted to post some pictures of the new baby!  She came this morning about 1 a.m.  I woke up to my heeler howling, figured it was coyotes, open the window to yell at him and heard something banging around.  I thought Turbo had gotten caught in the fence (he already had stitches this week).  When I got out to the barn there was a baby splashing around in the water tank!  She hadn't stood up yet, so she wasn't very old.  I lifted her out of the tank (which is not very fun with those long legs), anyway she kicked the tar out of me, probably broke my toe and am really sore today.  Both mom and baby are doing well so far.  I was so nervous and anxious for her to start nursing, but I learned this morning that it's just better to sit back, get out of the stall, and let mom take care of the baby... lesson learned

If anyone is good at names I'll take any and all suggestions, my creative side is not that good... I don't even have a barn name for her yet.
Sire-Frenchmans Guy  http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/frenchmans+guy
Dam-Coeur de Casa    http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/coeur+de+casa

Attachments

• newbaby1.JPG
    newbaby1.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 358
  • newbaby3.JPG
    newbaby3.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 351

Doc

Outstanding pair!!! <party>  With a pedigree like that she oughta be a smoker.  How about  1) myfrenchmistress  2) frenchmans lover 3) nativefrenchlady 4)frenchmansheart

Barrel Racer

Rocky Hill said:
She's cute. The blaze on her face looks neat.  :)

Thanks!  I'm trying to decide if the white on her face looks like anything, I was never any good at that game in school  (lol)

Barrel Racer

Doc said:
Outstanding pair!!! <party>  With a pedigree like that she oughta be a smoker.  How about   1) myfrenchmistress  2) frenchmans lover 3) nativefrenchlady 4)frenchmansheart

Thanks Doc, I loved Frenchmans Guy, I've been wanting one for a long time.  Unfortunately I've already got someone coming on Sunday to look at her to buy her.  Have a few more people call about her already too.  Those are some nice names I really like #1 and #3 a lot. 

OH Breeder

The white marking looks like a hand in a mitten or glove.
Frenchman's Glove

Femme fatale
It also looks like the country of Italy upside down. So seems she is begging for a European name.

Beautiful baby. COngrats!

inthebarnagain

The white on her face looks like a side profile of a lady in a big feathery hat looking down at something in her hands.  So a french name that means lady or something would be good.  Too bad I took Spanish in high school! ???

I will put away the white powder so my imagination can settle back down ;)

SKF

Such a cute baby!!!! Good luck with her! (clapping)

kanshow

Nice foal!!  Excellent breeding - should get you a very saleable foal which is great these days!   

We are still waiting for our foal.  I keep looking and her bag keeps getting bigger but every day no foal. 

red

so glad all went well except for the foot! she is beautiful although Turbo won't like being dethroned. He sounds like a handful!

The new baby is so cute!  (clapping) (clapping)

Red

Barrel Racer

Thanks everyone...wow you guys are great at thinking up names!  You'd think since I had a year to think about it I could have come up with something. 

kanshow-don't worry it'll come when you least expect it!  I didn't think my mare's bag was quite big enough, and she never waxed!  I finally got tired and Wed. night was the first night in a week I hadn't went out and checked on her every two hours so I could get some sleep!  Good luck to you and be sure and post some pictures!!

Red- of course Turbo does not like the new baby, I find he's doing everything he can now to get attention.  Since I don't want to leave him out....
;D 
ETA: sorry about the mud!!

Attachments

• turbo1yr.JPG
    turbo1yr.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 246

red

wow! he has really grown up to be quite a stunner!!!  (clapping) (clapping)

Red  (thumbsup)

Simmymom1

(clapping)  Congrats!!  The filly is beautiful, they are so much fun when they are so young like that.  I have a gelding who is three and he is out of Frenchman's Guy, and can that guy fly!!  I have him started on the barrel pattern and he is a smart one, he picks things up real quick.  I hope to be able to start hauling him sometime next fall.  Good luck with your filly, I hope you get a good price for her.  Lisa

knabe

vainqueur's arc du soleil

translation,  winner's arc of the sun.

or

vainqueur's casa du soleil

or

casa du soleil vainqueur      my translation  house of the sun winner

or vainqueur's soleil            winner's sun

BRdoc

Nice filly! I think her blaze looks like a Cockatoo!! She's cute as a bug! Congrats

Barrel Racer

Simmymom1 said:
 (clapping)  Congrats!!  The filly is beautiful, they are so much fun when they are so young like that.  I have a gelding who is three and he is out of Frenchman's Guy, and can that guy fly!!  I have him started on the barrel pattern and he is a smart one, he picks things up real quick.  I hope to be able to start hauling him sometime next fall.  Good luck with your filly, I hope you get a good price for her.  Lisa

Thank you!  So is your gelding pretty calm?  I was just wondering as my mare is actually pretty hot, and I figured that FG might put some brains into a colt.  I am secretly hoping that I can't sell her, so I can ride her...is that so bad (hubby would just shoot me)... (lol)  I'm jealous...let me know how he does. 

dori36

knabe said:
vainqueur's arc du soleil

translation,  winner's arc of the sun.

or

vainqueur's casa du soleil

or

casa du soleil vainqueur      my translation  house of the sun winner

I can just hear the announcef butchering that when the baby grows up and is winning barrel races:  "VANEker", "vancUer", "vaincar", well, you get my drift!  Parlez vous Francais?  Un peu ou .....?

or vainqueur's soleil            winner's sun