barrett trailers??

Help Support Steer Planet:

pigguy

ok we are starting to decided on all the options for our new trailer. we are either going with a 7'x24' or a 8' or 8' 06"x20 'with side ramp. and floating gates, 24" nose. 2 air gaps, and L.E.D. lighting . but what others should or shouldnt we get. also should we get the plexi glass, or the hinged cover slats??

Show Dad

M12 - A Barrett trailer is a great choice, built well. Go with the 8' width for sure (you just have to remember to swing wider on the turns). Floating gates are great. Get a light in each bay, back and side.

Before you buy check out this site where I bought my trailer. These guys make great deals and if you are close or go to Denver (they are just off US HWY 36) it might work for you.
http://www.countrytrailer.com

afhm

Tie rails inside and out.  Unless they have changed the height of the gates off the floor don't get mats.  There isn't enough room for mats and shavings and still be able to freely swing the gates.  That is one of the 2 things I don't like about mine.  The other is I wish is wasn't so close to the bed of the truck, you have to be careful going over grades in the pasture and some entrances at gas stations.  I wish I would have got the full 4' ramp so the 4 wheeler would go in the side but I don't use iot wnough so it doesn't really matter.  I really like mine but if I was nitpicking that is what I would change.

pigguy

afhm said:
Tie rails inside and out.  Unless they have changed the height of the gates off the floor don't get mats.  There isn't enough room for mats and shavings and still be able to freely swing the gates.  That is one of the 2 things I don't like about mine.  The other is I wish is wasn't so close to the bed of the truck, you have to be careful going over grades in the pasture and some entrances at gas stations.  I wish I would have got the full 4' ramp so the 4 wheeler would go in the side but I don't use iot wnough so it doesn't really matter.  I really like mine but if I was nitpicking that is what I would change.
  thanks that might save me a truck bed. usually when we are in the pasture we either use our half tops or we will haul the full top with a flatbed truck.
when the sliders actually work on my center gates.  i normally just use them and dont even bother swinging them, i will definatly be gettin the 4 foot ramp, so we can put the 4-wheelers in (i cant say i really like to the lift the 4-wheelers in ;D). i will for sure be getting tie railers out side, but the ones that they have on the inside are just to low for my likeings. if it is a long trip with show cattle they dont get tied up, but if it is only like an hour they will get tied up high. I will defiantly get lights all over the trailer, after the show it takes for ever to pack up again :mad:. If i get the 8x20 i will have to be putting the grooming chutes on the side, so what i was wondering was there a place that can put the mounting brackets on somewhere close to southwest kansas?  would it be better to get the 8' 06" wide trailer??

AAOK

Barrett Trailers just happens to be a client of mine.  I go by there every 2 -3 weeks.  Most of my visits are with the Owner, HRDirector, or the Accountant.  It sounds to me like it would be worth your time to take a trip down to the factory in Purcell, OK.  Barrett is right on I-35.  The company specializes in Custom applications.  If you need your gates hung 6" off the floor, just order your trailer that way.  I like an inside tie down at about 18" off the floor, so that cattle can be tied, but still easily get up and down.  You can order this also.

tell 'em DCome on Down!  Just an sent you.   

DL

I really like my Barrett and they made it just the way I wanted it ;D

pigguy

i can get a 8x20 with most of thee features for about 14,750. but should i get the plexi glass, or the the fold up

afhm

Be different and go with the fold up.  I didn't get either but wish I had when its raining when I have to get feed.

aj

We ended up getting an elite trailer from country trailer sales. It is really stout with narrow spacing of runners under the floor. I always liked the old sooner trailers but I guess they changed hands and were cheapened up in design. I had never heard of the elite brand before now but I guess they are top of the line.

Latest posts