Basic Supplement Question

Help Support Steer Planet:

DEA

I know there is alot of different feeding supplements out there (Shag, Showbloom, Calf Manna, Grow and Shine, etc.) but I guess my question is when you start to weigh - effeciency vs. actual performance vs. cost of product,  which one do you typically get the "most bang for the buck" as the saying goes?  I know Shag is pricey, but do you get the most performance results for the cost?  Just Curious and thanks for your replies in advance.

DLD

I don't believe there's any really scientific way to measure the results of the various supplements. They claim to do many different things, all of them very subjective in nature. Rate of gain can be measured, of course, but you can't really say how much difference the supplement makes between different individuals, as their gains would most likely vary from one another anyway. Things like hair quality, soundness, appetite, freshness, or bloom can't be measured. I think the best you can hope for is to listen to others' experiences and recommendations, if you're lucky maybe you can watch what your friends and neighbors use and draw your own conclusions, but ultimately you're gonna have to try them for yourself. What seems to work best for me, and/or what I think is worth the money, may not work as well in your situation, or you may not feel the results justify the cost.

My opinion?  We're feeding Shag.

BCCC

meletion implants = about 1.80 a day
Grow n shine= $1.62 per day
Shag=-1.75 per day
Epic= 1.50 per day

Those are the hair growth supplements the show bloom and calf manna are more for hair health (if that makes sence??) I have heard the implants dont work to well, However I have heard that the others are all right there together....DLD about how many days does it take for you to notice a difference when feeding shag?

chambero

Another category of supplements commonly used are fat supplements.  Not that much difference between any of them.

We feed Shag + Final Cover II (fat supplement).  We used to use Golden Flo for our fat supplement but its harder for us to get now.

For years we used a mineral supplement called Texas Gold Dust and fed either Show Bloom or Calf Manna.  As someone else said, they are more for condition that enhancement of growth, etc.

kanshow

We are feeding Sunglo Power Up & Fresh Energy as our fat supplements.  We've recently been  selling a lot of Power Up to people who are switching over from other brands - I'm not sure why.  cost?  availability?  results? 

As far as EPIC over Shag..    Shag has been around  longer & thus has more evidence of results.  I think Epic is a good product but you still have to have the genetics to grow hair.    We probably sell as much Epic to pig people as we do cattle people - from what I'm hearing, we might give it a try there. 

BCCC

You sell epic to pig people?? What do they use it for?? I have a few buckets of it sitting in the corner :'(

Latest posts