Bathing in Cool Weather

Help Support Steer Planet:

renegade

I know some people were talking about giving cattle baths in winter and I have a show coming up and I need to get the mud off of my calves. Like on the belly, knees and butt a little. It is about 40 outside with a breeze and sunshine (its been a nice few days). I was wondering if it would be ok if i washed them (outside) then took them in the barn to blow them of (not heated barn). Im just a little worried cause the breeze makes it pretty cool out here - its like light jacket weather.

renegade

I did go a head and give them a bath. They just shivered a little but they were fine. Im going to have to start washing everyday cause its gets sooooo muddy and it doesnt matter how much bedding you put down and how quick you clean or how much you brush and blow they still get messy. It just got kind nice this week - warmer and NO SNOW  (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping)

STEERJOCK21L

Everyday when I rinse, I think of it like this... they get rained on, snowed on, and stand out in the 15 degrees wind all day. I wash sometimes when its 20 degrees, but you don't need to wait around to dry them though, try tp get them dry asap.

OH Breeder

When washing in the winter we use the heater in a wash rack. Make sure you blow them out dry. We washed today and blew out. The nipco heater in the rack is NICe.

Latest posts