Battery Powered Semen Thawer?

Help Support Steer Planet:

JSchroeder

I'm looking for something battery powered for a new location we're AIing in where going in and out with the truck is a bit inconvenient and there isn't power nearby.

Does anybody know of one?

JbarL

an ac inverter will work in your vehicle.....must be big enough(wattage) to carry the amperage (wattage) of the existing 110 heater....a second battery avaliable  on the vehicle would be  reccomended as well...depends on the load of your heater...jbarl

JSchroeder

We already have a heater that connects to the truck cigarette lighter.  In these pens, the working chute is located in the middle and it's a pain to get the truck to it.

KDSC

I would say just run an extension cord, because i dont think they make battery powered cords :'(

xxcc

If you have any kind of a ranch operation, I'm sure you have an additional 12V battery around...and a battery charger.  This will work for your current thawer that plugs into your cigarette lighter.

Get some clamps like those that you can hook a fuel tank pump or electric fence to a battery with and a female 12V power source end, and put those clamps on the power source, hook it up to the battery and vuwahllah, you will have a portable 12V power source for your thawer.  I would doubt that you would have to recharge it very often, as my 12V will run some electric fence chargers for weeks on end.

If you view this link and look at the pc. on the left and the piece on the right, that is essentially what I used and built my stuff with.  http://www.ppswest.com/cable.shtml

kanshow

I bought my parents an emergency light/power source for Christmas but ended up giving it to them early due to the infamous ice storm we had.  They said it worked great.. were able to recharge cell phones, watch a little TV and then took it with them to town so it could recharge in the car.     Black & Decker Storm Station - I think it what it was called.