BAZINGA! Iowa Beef Expo

Help Support Steer Planet:

common sense

I recently had an opportunity to sell a tremendous young Maine Anjou bull to a young man from my area. This young man has been at our farm many times over the last few years watching and looking for a bull that he could put his faith into promoting and changing the breed. I have to be honest, at first I almost chased him away from the idea, telling him that this business is not for the faint of heart, the weak of pocket-book and above all, not for somebody that lacks patience. You have to believe in the product and pour every ounce of your soul into it if you hope to even have a shot at making something of your bull.  In the end there are no promises of success. But the most important part of the equation is to find a bull that is really true with a smashing set of wheels.

We had originally consigned BAZINGA! to the Iowa Beef Expo but after much deliberation we opted to sell him to Brady Lee and take him out of the sale offering so that Brady would be able to start the promotion of this interesting outcross Maine-Anjou bull as soon as possible.  I would like to congratulate Brady on his purchase. We are excited about working with him and helping him out during his marketing adventure. We feel this bull will bring a refreshing breath to the breed as well as to the club calf industry. He has an incredible set of EPD’s (BW 0.4, WW 34.8, YW 73.1, MM 27.1, Maternal M&G 44.4) and is out of a tremendous Daines Dr. Seuss daughter that is now in our donor lineup after having a hugely successful show career. She can be seen on our website.  He is sired by Gigolo Joe.

If you are at the Iowa Beef Expo this weekend make sure to stop and say howdy to Brady and his right hand support staff, Nathan Folk a.k.a. “Team Bazinga!”  We at Nelson Cattle Company wish them the very best.

--Juli Nelson

common sense

Here's a picture of Bazinga that was taken in late October last fall. He is at Nichols being collected and is currently freezing successfully!

Attachments

• Smaller image.jpg
    Smaller image.jpg
    640.4 KB · Views: 330

Oats

Just took a glance of him when he arrived at Nichols but looked like a nice bull. Best of luck with him.

hamburgman

I remember seeing him and thinking this bull could make some very nice females to cross back on clubbies and could even be used in a commercial herd.  This is one nice looking bull.

sue

The stall looked great. Denver sized banners and I loved the pic of mom!! Did not see the bull but saw a nice looking crew.  Good luck