BC Classic

Help Support Steer Planet:

lightnin4

Anyone have any calves sired by him?  I've got a few due in about a month.  Just wondering what they were looking like.

Mill Iron A

Haven't breed him up myself but have seen cattle out of him and the females were really good.

lightnin4

They were all 80 lbs @ birth.  The Angus heifers had one heifer & one bull.  The bull had one of the top weaning weights in my bull calves.  The heifer is out of a SAV Pioneer sired female.  She is smaller framed like her dam but pretty stylish.  The Classic heifer calf out of my Shorthorn is one of the best heifer calves I've had this Spring.

kdhansen

lightnin4 said:
They were all 80 lbs @ birth.  The Angus heifers had one heifer & one bull.  The bull had one of the top weaning weights in my bull calves.  The heifer is out of a SAV Pioneer sired female.  She is smaller framed like her dam but pretty stylish.  The Classic heifer calf out of my Shorthorn is one of the best heifer calves I've had this Spring.
Have any concerns about disposition? How was the heifer bred that had the bull calf? Have heard they should be pretty good in the feet and leg department. Do you think they tend to follow the attributes of the dams or are they more similar to Classic himself? Thanks for the info...I have a Bextor heifer and a TC Total heifer that I will be breeding in the next month, so have got to make a decision.

Foster

My 11 yr old son showed a Classic yrlng hfr this summer. She was as tame as any hfr we have ever been around.

lightnin4

All three Classics have good dispositions.  The Angus heifer has wanted to walk right up to me since the day she was born.  Her dam took awhile to come around after we got her.  Feet and leg structure are good on all 3 calves.  Probably an improvement on the dam of the bull calf.  I have been happy with my Classic calves.

kdhansen

Foster: Thanks for the feedback. Haven't heard of any disposition problems, but haven't asked either, until now...

lightnin4: Sounds good...I liked Classic's video on Select Sires (I don't trust the still pictures anymore with photoshopping seeming to be used so much)...Thanks for all the info. (If you get any pics of both the dams and the calves, I'd love to see them!)