BC Eagle Eye

Help Support Steer Planet:

HGC

We are looking to use sexed Angus semen to add some depth of body, fleshing ability, milk and udder quality, to some young Maintainer cows.  I used BC lookout in the past with good results and I was thinking of using BC Eagle Eye.  How does he breed, add or lack? or is there a better option that has sexed heifer semen available.  The retained heifers will be bred Maine and clubby.

Thanks

tanbarkguy

No daughters in production yet but sure like the rest of what he has done. Smooth made not choppy like a lot of the other angus bulls. Hard to pome holes in them from what we have seen.  Really surprised he isn't being used heavier in the angus breed. We are using more of him after each year

cpubarn

One new bull I just saw some heifers from was Card Answer from Kruse angus in Rudd, IA.  He had heifers calves that had the dimension and hair of monopoly calves, only he is PB angus!  Don't know how they milk yet though ask Terry in a couple of years.... 

I'm still looking for the bull to help a couple of maines here, GVC Settler worked as good as any but I only had a couple...

bluffcountrycattle

HGC said:
We are looking to use sexed Angus semen to add some depth of body, fleshing ability, milk and udder quality, to some young Maintainer cows.  I used BC lookout in the past with good results and I was thinking of using BC Eagle Eye.  How does he breed, add or lack? or is there a better option that has sexed heifer semen available.  The retained heifers will be bred Maine and clubby.

Thanks
Scott...we got along good with Eagle Eye in one calf crop.  So good we retained a bull back and used him hard last year.  He was an Eagle Eye X Famous.  Got 10 calves by him weaned a few weeks ago and they are nice.  Eagle Eye will give you more power and grow than Lookout, so he might mate well to your Maine cows.  Only knack on the bull is he can throw some shoulder in the calves...but it's not bad.  Sold an Eagle Eye son to a purebred producer and he got really nice calves as well.  I think for the price of the sexed semen on him, it's a wise investment!  If we didn't have his influence already, I'd use him to get some daughters.  If you want to take a peak some time...we are just 35 minutes east of you by Lanesboro!

HGC

HGC said:

Thanks

Would SAV Brilliance be a better choice?  I think you still can get sexed heifer semen

cpubarn

DeJong had pictures of Eagle eye heifers on their website.  Could be similar breeding?

I like brilliance as a more modern shape...  I don't know if they will be real big (judging by the bull calves Ive seen...

JMHO

GoWyo

Bluffcountry put me on to Bush's Unbelievable (SAV Bismarck son).  Bush Angus sold something like 3 flush brothers out of him this spring with the top seller Moneyball going to Gamble Angus and others for $63K or so.  The two other brothers were sold for something like $20K and $16K.  They look like they have a nice shape and some punch as well as high calving ease.  Have 3 bred to him for spring 14, so looking forward to seeing what we get.

Gargan

cpubarn said:
One new bull I just saw some heifers from was Card Answer from Kruse angus in Rudd, IA.  He had heifers calves that had the dimension and hair of monopoly calves, only he is PB angus!  Don't know how they milk yet though ask Terry in a couple of years.... 

I'm still looking for the bull to help a couple of maines here, GVC Settler worked as good as any but I only had a couple...
That card answer bull looks awesome. Have u saw any steers out of him?

bluffcountrycattle

GoWyo said:
Bluffcountry put me on to Bush's Unbelievable (SAV Bismarck son).  Bush Angus sold something like 3 flush brothers out of him this spring with the top seller Moneyball going to Gamble Angus and others for $63K or so.  The two other brothers were sold for something like $20K and $16K.  They look like they have a nice shape and some punch as well as high calving ease.  Have 3 bred to him for spring 14, so looking forward to seeing what we get.
I think you'll like those Unbelievable's!  We had our 2nd crop of them this spring (3 hd in our small herd) and they came easy and have a great look, all out of heifers.  Our 3 bred heifers by Unbelievable look great!  Bred 2 to Soo Line Motive and 1 to Boss Predator.  Could be some exciting matings.  We'll come back and use Unbelievable again next spring on our Eagle Eye granddaughters.  Both bulls have worked real well for us.  Let us know how yours turn out!

bluffcountrycattle

HGC said:
HGC said:

Thanks

Would SAV Brilliance be a better choice?  I think you still can get sexed heifer semen
Check into BC Classic at Select Sires.  Sexed heifer semen, and I think he'll give you a more moderate, easier fleshing version compared to Eagle Eye.  There were some pretty good calves sold last spring out of him, in both Angus and Clubby herds.  Might be worth a look....