BC LOOKOUT

Help Support Steer Planet:

zangus

I have seen a couple of people asking about LOOKOUT Calves.  I have had 4 in the past 2 years.  The 2 bulls were about 80# and the heifers were about 65#.  The bull seems to be cleaning up the front of my angus cows and adding thickness. 

The bull calf we had this year is like a bucket calf.  You can't walk in the pasture without him coming up to see you. 

I am pretty happy with the results.  We are showing a steer out of him this year.

rtmcc

The BC lookout calves are great.  We've had great bulls and females out of him.  We calved our first BC Lookout heifer this year and she is a great mom with a beautiful udder and a stout TC Aberdeen bull calf.

The temperament of the Lookouts is truly incredible! they are a pleasure to be around.

Ron
<cowboy>

Cattledog

I'm using him a little this year.  I've got some cows that need some moderation and maybe a little punch of style and muscle.  I'm hoping he'll do the trick. 

ALTSIMMY 79

I agree he throws some great calves , I've got a pair of heifer calves out of him born the first week in feb . Both very up headed , thick , and follow me around like pets in the pen . Very happy with them so far .

Dyer Show cattle

Completely opposite here. I tried him on some ali heifers, simm heifers, and then on some angus and simm/angus cows. And didnt have a 1 that I liked. They were not overly bad calves, I just expect to get better calves using AI bulls than my herd bull and previous calves our of my Angus heard bull EXT backround all fed better and calved easier.

mainecattlemother

We have a BC Lookout Bull that we kept back for our herd.  We have twelve calves on the ground thus far out of two bulls.  We also have a Final Answer bull that we planning to get rid of.  The calves out of our Lookout Bull have been just awesome.  We are up in cold West Central, MN and they have hit the ground running.  We are expecting a few more Lookouts but had him on a very small herd and will have more Final Answers.  They are just not a energetic when born but so far have all been born alive.  (Knock on wood!)

rtmcc

Heres a BC Lookout daughter we raised.

Ron
<cowboy>

Attachments

• IMG_1656_2.jpg
    IMG_1656_2.jpg
    573 KB · Views: 390

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
VERY nice lookout heifer in the picture, that cute girl never hurts when your showing a good one ...The LOOKOUTS ARE great looking heifers with that extra eye appeal, might take one to Classic next year as a bred .... Sold two sons last year and the guys were at the sale bragging about the calves, I guess the one guy had calves last year so he had him two years ....The same guy had cows with my NEW  EDITION  SON an got a Heat Wave heifer bred to him and was bragging about the heifer calf with bone and lots of hair ....

Attachments

• 890_6308.jpg
    890_6308.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 382

mark tenenbaum

This is a cattle site-Even if you are a Seven Eleven Majaraja you are just wasting your time and ours-Please ride your bejewled elephant to the MOTEL DESTINY O0

Attachments

• Funny-Pictures-Girlfriend-Wanted.jpg
    Funny-Pictures-Girlfriend-Wanted.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 293