BC Marathon calves

Help Support Steer Planet:

lightnin4

I've got one heifer that we were trying to get ready for a sale.  I had to pull her from the sale.  She is perfectly normal acting out in the barn lot, but when we put he halter on her she's unpredictable.  She might stand and let you brush/comb/etc. with no issues or she might blow up and lunge at you and start climbing the panels.  Just wondering if this was typical of Marathon calves...her dam is really easygoing.

Freddy - as far as her make-up - she's moderate and  really thick made with plenty of guts.  If I could change her I'd make her more feminine (and give her a better attitude ;))

trevorgreycattleco

I had a marathon son out of a Sherbrooke Shoshone cow. He was a load. Not tall. But he was a ass. He would get bored and go down the road and breed any cows he could find. His libido was relentless. I had to ship him. No fence could hold him. Went through the side of the barn once. His calves were really good. They tasted great.

ALTSIMMY 79

I agree with majority,  they seem to be a bit of a pain. I have a halfblood Marathon heifer that is real edgey and it gets worse when she's alone. She will calve soon here with her first,  im sure I'm in for a real treat!