bc marathon vs bc raven

Help Support Steer Planet:

Cowgurl101

What bull do you think is better - marathon or his son raven? i need to power up a flat muscled narrow based cow and wondered how calves from these bulls compare. mostly want a bigger top and hind quarter- Thanks
PS im also looking at mf destroyer 093 and  connealy thunder,any thoughts on them???  Thanks ;D

Bawndoh

Connealy Thunder has one of the biggest most muscled up tops I have seen in a bull in a long time.  Lots of top to him!!  Here is a pic of him in stud at Hawkeye West.

Attachments

• GENEX_2008_086[1].jpg
    GENEX_2008_086[1].jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 550

Cowgurl101

Bawndoh said:
Connealy Thunder has one of the biggest most muscled up tops I have seen in a bull in a long time.  Lots of top to him!!  Here is a pic of him in stud at Hawkeye West.
Have you seen any calves? i like his pedigree and reallly appreciate your pic- he does look pretty good . you dont have any more pics of other bull do you?? ;D

Cattledog

I have seen a bunch of marathon calves and they are really stout and cool made.  I have a marathon heifer calf that is in my opinion the best calf on the farm.  I used him on a cow that has a ton of style and volume to power her up and it worked out great!  The only thing that I would recomend is make sure you have some middle to the cows that you breed him to.  As far as Raven goes...they are nice calves as well but I really prefer the Marathons.  If it isn't broke don't fix it!

Bawndoh

Yes I would agree with Cattledog on Marathon.  There were a boatload of Marathon progeny at Denver this year and they won divisions and placed really well, not to mention being quite admired in the yards.  His semen sold like crazy when he came out on the market last year.  He is very popular, and seems to be siring very attractive cattle.  I do not have a photo of him as he wasnt at the bull stud when we went. 

Latest posts