BE SAFE AND DONT RUSH

Help Support Steer Planet:

Part Timer

I just wanted to put a bug in everybody's ear to remind you about farm safety. We had a accident will baling straw today. My father in law got in hurry and was run over by the tractor. Luckily it is only a broken ankle and leg. Could have been much worse. No short cut is worth the risk. Take a step back and think first.

mocharolais

Farming is right up there in the most dangerous jobs.  You can get a little complacent when you have done it for a long time, but you are right it is best to slow down.

aj

We had a local semi cattle hauler loading steers......steer went beserk......and mauled him in pen......killed him.

BTDT

We could all tell of experiences, kids who have died too young, fathers who have left families, grandpa's who died without seeing a grand baby, mothers who left kids motherless. We could also name names of families who now have a paralyzed, limbless body to care for. Also of farms lost due to medical costs, the inability to care for it once injured.

Please remember, that few seconds you save is not worth your life. That weed is not worth the risk of tractor roll over. That "great cow" is not worth that "great calf". Those 10 steps saved is not worth your limbs.

If you are ever tempted (and we all are at some time) just envision your funeral, and ask yourself "When they attend my funeral, will they be thankful I mowed that ditch or kept that cow, or jumped that PTO?"