Beanie Wells

Help Support Steer Planet:

Ruchian

Did anyone else hear that Tressel said Wells is doubtful for the game against USC?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3581744

bcosu

who says this isn't a ploy to take the pressure off the team by reverting all the media's attention to one player's health. seem's like it kind of keeps usc on their heels too planning for which runningback to scout up. they could run the spread with brandon saine, they say he has the third best hands on the team. if anyone listened to tressel's interview it didn't really sound that bad. the way he said it sounded like beanie might still play.

Ruchian

I don't think that having to worry about multiple backs will be a problem, that defense faces six running backs that could start on a lot of teams every practice.  Even if Wells does play, he won't be 100%, and I don't think he will even be close.  That leaves a running back by committee that can't compete USC's.  There best choice for a running game w/o beanie is to play pryor more.

bcosu

i'm not sold on usc's explosive offense. having each back an assigned play makes it that much easier to scout and know the liklihood of which kind of play they are going to run. usc might become a little too predictable then. that might take away their only advantage because ohio state has some good athletes too. i'm not worried about usc passing the ball that much with malcom jenkins and kurt coleman back. add donald washington again and that's a pretty good secondary. if they get pressure on sanchez then they could force some turnovers and keep usc from running the ball. this is only sanchez's 6th start and the biggest hyped game he's ever been in. he blew it last year against oregon so don't think he couldn't do it again.

Ruchian

The only reason that I want USC to win is that it will make Oregon's match up with them seem harder.  I think that Oregon's talent had something to do with Sanchez's play in that game, the do have one of the best secondary's in the nation and nick reed led the pac-10 in sacks last year.  I think that Oregon will cause them some problems again this year.  I do think that by that time their offense will be more predictable, but they have only played one game so far.

Ruchian

And now he is out for the game!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3584806