BEB Juneau on Angus Heifers

Help Support Steer Planet:

ploughshare

I was wondering if BEB Juneau is 1st calf Angus heifer acceptable.  I am thinking of using him on OCC Legend and OCC Just Right heifers with interim EPDs  for the Legend @ CED 11.5  BW 1.0 and the Just Right @ CED  9.5 BW 1.0  The maternal sires are VRD x 6807 x Precision.  Just Right seems to be a shorter gestation sire while Legend seems right on for gestation length.  OCC maternal calving ease EPDs seem to be low.  The whole goal is to produce females who will produce competitive Angus steer calves.

Anyone have experience with Juneau calves on OCC genetics?

Alternative sires include:  Connealy Final Product, Kessler Frontman,  Northern Improvement, Rodman and Lut.

Thanks,

Eric

TMJ Show Cattle

Yes,Juneau will work. Then use Ramblin Fever on the Juneau's.Fever will work on heifers also.Just had two Fever heifers out of Juneau and Missing Link daughters [first calf heifers] that are better than good.[65# birth on both]

lucysmom

Have heard good things about Juneau calves.  Don't know about clicking with OCC females, haven't researched that much.
We had a angusx heifer this year that we put Power Design on, and couldn't be happier.  278 day gestation, great
calving ease, up and sucking, and growing like a weed plus he's fancy. If he continues he'll make a nice steer. The
maternal calving ease on him is 12, and that's one thing we were looking for if we got a good heifer out of the deal.
Not knocking your other choices, just throwing one in the mix.

Cattledog

Ramblin Fever on Juneau.  I would imagine that Fever would work on some of my Northern Improvement  daughters as well.  I will say that Fever is one of the more interesting angus bulls for show calves out there.  I think I'm gonna finally break down and put an order in.