Beef Barley Soup

Help Support Steer Planet:

kanshow

Deb!!!  Glad to see you post!!  I've missed you!   

I don't have a good recipe for beef barley soup.  I just make the one off the back of the barley box but I double the beef boullion & throw in a package of onion soup.    I'm sure there are better ones than that. 

doubled

kanshow said:
Deb!!!  Glad to see you post!!   I've missed you!     

I don't have a good recipe for beef barley soup.  I just make the one off the back of the barley box but I double the beef boullion & throw in a package of onion soup.     I'm sure there are better ones than that. 

Thanks, Ive had kinda rough fall and winter, Im hoping things will be better next year.  Ive had this soup in resturants but have not found a recipe that is really good.
Your recipe sounds good and easy, never thought to look on the box- DUH-  Hope everyone here has been well, am going to try and reconnect here.  Glad to be back.

Telos

Juastamom, have missed you. The back of the box is not all that bad. It makes a good guideline and you can very it in numerous directions from there. I add jalapanoes, cumin and chile powder to the restaurant's version. You can also use meatballs or hamburger instead of stew meat.