Beer

Help Support Steer Planet:

aj

What are is your favorite beer? Do you make your own beer? Do you like the micro beer? I have become interested in the different beers. I don't drink beer to get drunk normally and to me beer is fascinating. I am told my grand dad brewed home brew in the prohibition era. Dad said it was horrible. Are their micro breweries in your part of the country? I know Fort Collins, Colorado has a "Fat Tire" beer that is pretty good. I know people who love and crave "Coors" that can't buy it in their area and they buy 10 cases of it when they are here. Their are locals that hate "coors" and love budweiser. I know that there are people who say real beer is like "Budweiser" and the micro breweries are girlie beer. In reality the old German origanal beer was the heavier real beer as it was intended to be. "A porkchop in every bottle".  I hear that bud light is the top selling beer in the world...it is drinkable and I like it. All beer is good they just taste different in my opinion. Is beer immoral? Alcoholism is no joke I realize that. But I hear about the Colorado gold miners of the 1860's or whatever using beer to ease their aches and pains. I have read that "monks" actually invented champane. What does the bible say about beer? Lately I tried "Modello" mexican beer. It hit me just right. I want to try "flying dog"s" double dog pale ale...10% alcohol. Some of my Favs are "Fosters"(crocodile dundee drank),Labatts blue, Moosehead,Modello, on and on. I just tried a glass of Sam Adams-Imperial Series(Imperial White)...not bad on a rainy cloudy day...thick spicey. Not something to get drunk on but a really pleasant experience. What are some of the worst beers. I remember in college we bought generic beerin plain white cans. I don't think they do it anymore. Wide mouth mickies tasted like hell but they got the job done if you know what I mean. My brother makes beer and it takes about 30 days to make a batch of 30 bottles and he drinks one aday so when he gets in sycnch it works out just right. What say you out there in Barley world?

shortyjock89

I like Leinenkugel's the best by far. They're a small brewery in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin.  They have lots of different varieties, but I like Sunset Wheat the best.  I also like Blue Moon.  (Both are great with an orange slice) Bud Light also hits the spot pretty well. And if I'm with my Mexican buddies, it's always either Coronas or Modelo, both are prety good.

Rustynail

We have a real good micro-brewery here in utah.  The make a really good beer called Polygamy Porter.  Wasatch Brewing company has several good beers.  If anyone swings through you'll have to  give them a try.

LN

I'm a fan of Blue Moon w/ an orange slice too. Also like Pyramid, a wheat ale beer. As far as everyday beer I prefer Miller Lite.

Davis Shorthorns

my No. 1 favorite beer is Shiner Bock.  Also a good cold Coors Light hits the spot.  For everyday I have to say that I am still in college and nothing quite beats a KL smoothy (keystone light)

cowman

aj said:
What are is your favorite beer? Do you make your own beer? Do you like the micro beer? I have become interested in the different beers. I don't drink beer to get drunk normally and to me beer is fascinating. I am told my grand dad brewed home brew in the prohibition era. Dad said it was horrible. Are their micro breweries in your part of the country? I know Fort Collins, Colorado has a "Fat Tire" beer that is pretty good. I know people who love and crave "Coors" that can't buy it in their area and they buy 10 cases of it when they are here. Their are locals that hate "coors" and love budweiser. I know that there are people who say real beer is like "Budweiser" and the micro breweries are girlie beer. In reality the old German origanal beer was the heavier real beer as it was intended to be. "A porkchop in every bottle".  I hear that bud light is the top selling beer in the world...it is drinkable and I like it. All beer is good they just taste different in my opinion. Is beer immoral? Alcoholism is no joke I realize that. But I hear about the Colorado gold miners of the 1860's or whatever using beer to ease their aches and pains. I have read that "monks" actually invented champane. What does the bible say about beer? Lately I tried "Modello" mexican beer. It hit me just right. I want to try "flying dog"s" double dog pale ale...10% alcohol. Some of my Favs are "Fosters"(crocodile dundee drank),Labatts blue, Moosehead,Modello, on and on. I just tried a glass of Sam Adams-Imperial Series(Imperial White)...not bad on a rainy cloudy day...thick spicey. Not something to get drunk on but a really pleasant experience. What are some of the worst beers. I remember in college we bought generic beerin plain white cans. I don't think they do it anymore. Wide mouth mickies tasted like hell but they got the job done if you know what I mean. My brother makes beer and it takes about 30 days to make a batch of 30 bottles and he drinks one aday so when he gets in sycnch it works out just right. What say you out there in Barley world?

Cold...ice cold.

ROAD WARRIOR

I've been a Coors original man for 30 years but drink coors light when I can't get the real stuff. I guess I'm too old to change now. RW

ZNT

We are big Bud Light and Shiner Bock fans, but Shiner has come out with their 100th Anniversary beer call "Commemorator", and it is excellent!  It is a dark dobblebach style beer.  Sorry for the spelling.  But is it very smooth.  Definitely not for those watching your wasteline at 260 calories and 6.8% alcohol.

Dusty

Bud Light.  I can honestly say that every one I've had has been better than the one before it....  I'll stick with what works..

stick

I'll go with Bud, Moosehead, Strohs, and I'd really like to get my hands on a good ol Schmidt in the big mouth bottle.

shortyjock89

Them Stones will getcha every time haha.....anyone ever have Beer 30? It tastes like skunked Coors....and I don't mean like Rocky Mountain deliciousness either...horrible freakin beer lol.

Show Steaks

if you think beer 30 was bad give "side pocket" a try, 8.5% alcohol and leaves a nasty after taste for days it seems, o and did i mention prepare for the hangover before you start drinking. We've never found it in anything but 40 oz bottles.

aj

Have you evr tried "ever beer"? Its a half pint of everclear in a pitcher of beer at a disco. People looked at us funny when we wore are pioneer seed caps inthose back in the 70's....go figure. ;D