beet pulp?

Help Support Steer Planet:

tb

I have a show heifer that i am trying to control for next month show i do not want to gain much weight but want her to look full i am trying to get her all the hay she wants and feeding her showmaster grower and am wondering if beet pulp is the answer she is weighing around 940 thank you

tb

Because she is short frame and her frame will not allow to much more weight without her looking overweight

Herf

Take her off the grower and put her on heifer Developer with beet pulp

KMJCC

We soak our beet pulp for 12 hours before feeding.  Just mix the evening feeding in the morning and the morning feeding the evening before. 

tb

Thanks everybody heifer developer is not a choice I wish it was in my area  I do not understand that I called acco and got the run around with them. All the dealers are just about had it with them around here.

simtal

I suggest you feed your heifer 15-20 pounds of grain mixture that is 1/3 oats (rolled or whole) and 2/3 beet pulp (dry if she'll eat it, wet otherwise) with 1/2 a coffee can of protein supplement ( I like Kent baby beef 34%). Feed her a couple flakes of grass hay to keep her belly full.  This should allow her to grow but not get too chubby.

tb

I had a guy tell me today the lots of hay would do as a good as beet pulp

glitter6m

Is mixing heifer developer an option for you? I mix up 500#'s at a time for our one show heifer. She loves it, and it costs us about $100 using our own corn.

PM me if you want the formula.

tb

maybe i will talk to the mill and see what they say how would i get the recipe for the developer to give to them thanks