Beet Pulp

Help Support Steer Planet:

mike

Are the other areas of the country have a shortage of beetpulp like we do here in Nebraska? I was told yesterday I couldnt get the shredded pulp until January tried the pellets and the calves hate it.

Darren

ShowmanQ

WEIRD! We went through the same thing a few months ago, but the feed store 10 miles away was not effected. We tried the pellets and some calves tore them up, but the younger calves must have thought they were too big, and left the lay most of the time.

CAB

Picked up the ph and asked my supplier what he had on the shelf. He had a ton on hand that I think come out of Omaha area. Brent

SWMO

Our supplier is having to get them from California.  The last two bags we got smelled like a dead mouse.  Calves wouldn't eat them but then neither would I.

mike

CAB

Who is their supplier in Omaha, were 30 minutes from there?

CAB

Mike, they get most of their supplies from S. Omaha Supply. If you call there and it is not where they are getting it PM me, and I will call them again and find out for sure where they are getting it. Brent

Davis Shorthorns

Tractor Supply has it in Manhattan.  I think that the last time I was there they had about 10 bags.  The asst. manager hates me because I am one of the only people that buys it and I make him order it in for me.( he is a buddy of mine)  But they have no problem getting it in.

mike

Just picked up the last 10 bags here in Lincoln at TSC and they said thats all they could get, and called the other TSC stores in Ne and they all said the same thing.

kanshow

Have you tried Full Tank?  You should be able to pick that up in Fremont or from a local Sunglo dealer. 

mike

Our heifer is kinda of on a diet for the royal and Louisville she gets 3 cans of beetpulp and a 1/2 can of oats each feeding, how much full tank would i give her? and would it work the same way?

renegade

They have been harvesting sugar beets the last few weeks and I called the factory and they are selling for 200 a ton but only until november then its back to getting it by the bag.

CAB

Mike, I don't know if you can get @ the warehouse, but the TSC warehouse for the central US is located there @ Waverly,Ne. right west of Lincoln on the north side of I-80. Brent

nmsteerjoc

i am having the same problem here in NM, feed store said it would be the middle of December or first of January before i could get any

cattlejunky

We had heard that several dog food suppliers are now using beet pulp in their dog food.  Hence, the lack of it and in our area the cost has went up.  Our calves love full tank and full and fresh.  The last batch of beet pulp I bought the calves don't like it and it looks like fines.

mike

Tried TSC warehouse in Waverly, none available guess Im going to try a full tank dealer.

showstick09

Cost of beet pulp has really went up here. It went from $13.99 a bag to 18.99 for the shredded 40lb bag. How much does everybody else pay for their beet pulp?

mike

The last bunch I bought was 6 bags for 92.00, use to be 7.50 a bag.