Beleive In Me

Help Support Steer Planet:

moodog5

Thinking about using him how big has everyone calves been out of him?

moodog5

Thanks for the help! We are getting ready to breed some to him tomorrow.

ChristaCheatham

What kind of cows are you breeding him to? I'm using him on my larger framed sim/angus 4th calver that has some power to her??

cj121109

I want to use him on a small Full Flush daughter, she is a powerhouse... do you think I am nuts?

gary89

After seeing the bull as a 2 year old, and seeing some of his calves I do not think your nuts at all. Very good bull, he is small, but all of these clubby bulls tend to sire more grow than what they look like they will.

OH Breeder

I guess I am in the minority here, I don't care if they are small birthweight, what are they shaped like? You can have a 80# calf but if its a concrete block then it doesn't matter it isn't any easier to get out than a 110# calf. I am familiar with his breeding and I wouldn't use a club bred bull with his genetic history on any heifer ESPECIALLY a clubby bred heifer.
Molly you are using him on a cow that's had a couple. She is more likely able to tolerate his calves than a powerhouse HEIFER. For you POWERHOUSE HEIFER stick with calving ease. If she truly is a powerhouse you should get a nice calf that is marketable even though calving ease bulls tend to throw them smaller. Some of the OCC Bulls I have used threw them smaller but they grew well and had lots of body.
Just an opinion.

cj121109

My Full Flush daughter is a 4yr old cow, I was thinking of flushing her to BIM.

RCF Farms

In an interview with Wade, he said Walks Alone works good on Full Flush genetics. So I would think BIM would to, also I have heard BIM calves get alittle bigger than people would think. I guess the Draftpick side of him. I to have so small to moderate cows that I am going to breed him to. Looks like his calves are really square hipped, good boned and hairy.

NWOhio

RCF Farms said:
In an interview with Wade, he said Walks Alone works good on Full Flush genetics. So I would think BIM would to, also I have heard BIM calves get alittle bigger than people would think. I guess the Draftpick side of him. I to have so small to moderate cows that I am going to breed him to. Looks like his calves are really square hipped, good boned and hairy.

Who is carrying BIM semen?

easttex

NWOhio said:
RCF Farms said:

Who is carrying BIM semen?

I just ordered some through bovine-elite.

Chap

i had 6 of them this year.  going to use more this spring.  biggest one on variety of cows was 85 lbs.  i would contemplate him on 2nd calvers, but no concerns at all on mature cows.  They come small and get better every day. 

wyatt

Chap said:
i had 6 of them this year.  going to use more this spring.  biggest one on variety of cows was 85 lbs.  i would contemplate him on 2nd calvers, but no concerns at all on mature cows.  They come small and get better every day. 
my alias cow just had her 2nd calf out of walks alone im sure if you can breed him to a clubby cow for a 2nd calf you would be fine on many 2nd calvers her bw was 85 lbs

Dvrom

what types of cows should walks alone be used on as well as what type bim should be used on?

WJ Farms

They are saying is he working best on PB charolais but also works well on PB Angus and anything other than clubby pedigree cows.........Now I am not saying he wont work im just saying that if you use him on clubby cows that the front ends will sometimes get a lil funky. That is Walks Alone and I would asume that BIM would work on the same kind of cows but BIM is smoother in his shoulder.........

wyatt

WJ Farms said:
They are saying is he working best on PB charolais but also works well on PB Angus and anything other than clubby pedigree cows.........Now I am not saying he wont work im just saying that if you use him on clubby cows that the front ends will sometimes get a lil funky. That is Walks Alone and I would asume that BIM would work on the same kind of cows but BIM is smoother in his shoulder.........
i agree i have notice with walks alone more in the rear leg than the front we got lucky imo on our alias cow but the calf has more hair and seems better structured and deeper made than the carpe diem was last year

HF CHARS

Freddy said:
There was a post on here earlier that a guy got 6 rattails out of BIM and a THOMAS bred Charolais cow ....is threre  any others having this problem ....
after that post Freddy I did get another that wasn't a rat,,,but 6 out of 7 still isn't a great percentage  this is the one that isn't a rat

Attachments

• IMG00065-20120504-1542.jpg
    IMG00065-20120504-1542.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 206