Best bull to produce Appendix Shorthorns

Help Support Steer Planet:

6bshortie

Looking to use clubby bulls on a purebred operation for appendix calves.  Don't want to produces short cattle, looking for one to make the best heifers rather than steers.  Would rather have the bull be clean than a Th carrier.  What are your guys thoughts?????? Thanks

mark tenenbaum

There is aDOCUMENTED 83 pound tiger woods shorthorn selling as a bull in Sept from NCK 21 enclosed is a picture in 107 degree heat last month.-He comes from 20 plus years of a maternal bull producing cow family including:1: Byland Explosian-exprted to Australia in 1991-sired MANY100s of cattle,. 2:UB Kamalla-used in Maryland for years3: Ub Dexter-a very underated bull by CSF Dextro used by a backwoods farm in Kansas-they paid $3300 for him as a 6 month old in 1994-and let him die of hoofrot-MORONS 4:UB DTR Junior Walker-still in use AI-10 first second place  hiefers and 3 different hiefer calf champs-Iowa,Nebraska Kansas state fairs and at the 1999 National Jr show,He ONLY SIRED 1 CALF CROP.Grandsire to the currant 2nd high points SHORTHORN PLUS FEMALE behind a $30000 Sullivan deal,-DTR Taffeta.The Tiger Woods pictured is 1/2,hes good,and he is certainly one of the VERY FEW LLEGITIMATE LOW BW BULLS EVER-by TW.Trust me-its from his dam.The roan hiefer is a maternal sib (tank) who went to Texas-she had a full sib that did well in Ohio at Jackpots too. O0

Attachments

• april roqad trip 2012 099.jpg
    april roqad trip 2012 099.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 330
  • tiger woods in 107 heat.jpg
    tiger woods in 107 heat.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 354

JnK showcattle

Hes not clean but eye candy works well. We used him on some of our shorthorns and it worked great!

6bshortie

I have thought about eye candy and I like him was just wondering what others thought about other possibilities. I'm not afan of tiger woods don't know what it is about him just don't want to use him. 

sue

6bshortie said:
Looking to use clubby bulls on a purebred operation for appendix calves.  Don't want to produces short cattle, looking for one to make the best heifers rather than steers.  Would rather have the bull be clean than a Th carrier.  What are your guys thoughts?????? Thanks

So your current cow base is registered shorthorns? Will you paper the calves as plus ?  curious

beef obsessed

We have been very pleased with Crimson Tide on our shorthorn and percent shorthorn cattle.  He is registered half blood as a bonus so calves can be registered as higher percentage our of shorty cows.  The females out of this mating have been soft made, super hairy and as an added plus...attitudes are really good. 

Hope that insight helps,
Brian