Best bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

Show Heifer

Who does everybody think is the best bull overall? Angus? Clubbie? Shorthorn? Maine? Etc.
Please say why, as I know we each have our opinions and I would like to know the reasoning behind your choices!!
So let it rip...... ;)
Angus: Too many to choose, but love my Neutron daughters.
Clubbie: Had good luck with Hannibal, and he is clean pedigree!!!
Shorthorn: Trump. He just can't produce a bad one.
Maine: Don't know enough to make a good decision
Gelv: Mr. Sensation. His daughters are AWESOME.
Simm: Meyer 734. Again, his impact on the breed has been phneominal.

So what does everything else think????? :)

red

Thank you Show Heifer :D for joing our little group! Great topic, sure to start some good discussions:
Mine are as follows
Angus:not a lot of experience but I do like the Traveler females
Maine-Anjou- tough one there, a lot of great bulls- would have to say Habanero, because he can produce really great cows & bulls, plus as you say-he's clean
Chi- Foreplay, hands down for me. I love my Foreplay cows
Shorthorns-we might (agh)  :pagree on this one actually, I do like Trump females
Simmentals- groan ;), another agreement- what is the world coming to? Meyer 734 is a great female & bull producer.
As far as the other breeds, I'm sorry to say I don't have the experience w/ them to make a good choice.
Maybe somebody can even add a Red Devon bull to the mix?
red

red

I forgot Clubbie: I'd have to say Heatwave, with the wins his offspring are having. Plus he can produce some really good bull. do wish he was THF
Red

schoenbi

For a Limi bull check out Rulon, hes not like most of the Limis out there. His offspring are more stylish, square, bigger boned, and have been at the top of the classes in the Limi breed the last year.

red

schoenbi said:
For a Limi bull check out Rulon, hes not like most of the Limis out there. His offspring are more stylish, square, bigger boned, and have been at the top of the classes in the Limi breed the last year.
Who owns him? We had a limi bull at the farm a couple of years ago. Got him from Circle L in Ohio. He got mean, so we sent him off. :-[
Red

schoenbi

I dont know exactly who all owns him. I think Magness Land & Cattle in CO owns part of him dont know who else. If you go to www.grassrootsgenetics.com and search GPFF Blaque Rulon you can find a picture and information on him. When he first came out i seen a picture of him as a young bull calf and he looked stylish for a limi.

red

heatwave said:
I let you guess who I like by my username.  ;D
I've never used Heat Wave but boy does he produce winners! I also am using a son, Cherry Bomb, with great sucess.
Red

schoenbi

Anyone seen any Manchild calves? Heard that they are nice toped, big hipped, hairy, and cool looking.

caldanmc

If we are speaking of the best bull that we have ever seen, I would have to say there are a couple for me, and neither is from a breed that I own, or have ever had a lot to do with.  I had the opportunity to see both in Denver when I was in college.

The first is a Saler bull by the name of JFW Packer 40F.  What a stud!  I would still say that phenotypically, he is the best bull I have ever seen.  Thick, Sound, Deep, and very smooth patterned.  Have never been a fan of the breed, even though we owned a bull at one time, but he was awesome.

The second, is the Horned Hereford bull, Pure Gold.  I saw him as a claf in Denver in 99 and then again in 200 as a coming two.  He was awesome at both stages.  I have never seen a stouter british bred bull.  Admittedly, He was standing next to his brother, Solid Gold, who probably had more to offer the breed because of his overall quality and soundness, but to see a bull with that much power in a reletively fault free package with no continental blood was amazing.

As far as breed impact goes, here are a few of my "bests".

Angus:  23-4 and 6807
Limi:  Touchdown, Quarterback, Rambler
Simmi:  734 (but in my opinion has probably had more of an impact in the clubby deal)
Red Angus:  Cherokee Canyon
Gelbvieh:  Summit, Freedom
Charolais:  Wyoming Wind
Maine:  Energizer, Ice Pick, Legacy
Clubby:  Who Made Who, Heat Seeker (without him, there would be no Heatwave)
Shorthorn:  Double Stuff, Trump
Hereford: Wrangler 19 D, Advance

Just my opinion!

justme

OK just my opinions here O0 don't everyone go GEESH!

CHI- handsdown Foreplay
Maine- Witch Dr.  He's stood the test of time longer than most
Simmental- Meyer 734
Herefords- I've been out way to long to give an educated opinion
Shorthorn-Rodeo Drive
Clubbie- geesh they run thru here like cattle lol  I'd say perhaps Heat seeker, just because I've had success

red

justme said:
OK just my opinions here O0 don't everyone go GEESH!

CHI- handsdown Foreplay
Maine- Witch Dr.  He's stood the test of time longer than most
Simmental- Meyer 734
Herefords- I've been out way to long to give an educated opinion
Shorthorn-Rodeo Drive
Clubbie- geesh they run thru here like cattle lol  I'd say perhaps Heat seeker, just because I've had success

I love the eyes on the Foreplay cows. Very distintive! This is my 9 year Foreplay. She is due 2/11 & picture was 2 weeks ago. A real tank!
Red

Attachments

• ground sow.jpg
    ground sow.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 580

Joe Boy

One of the best clubbie bulls that is Th and PHA free and I like him for a Maine is Lifeline.  He is a Habanero son, but he has a better disposition than his sire.  He does throw some red calves.  I have a red and white right now.  The calves are thick, they are gentle, and one of the best thing is that they are always eating.  This means that they keep growing and they are easy keepers.  I wanted my bull to be black but have just about changed my mind and will keep him for a herd sire or break him and sell him at Fort Worth next year.  At certain points they reach an ugly duckling stage, but after they are weaned they feed and develop really well.  My bull calf will work on my shorthorns and on my maines. 

In the Chi/Angus I still like the Sugar Ray bull.  They can be a real pain in disposition.

I have used a bull from the Shorthorn's this year named and hope I get a good calf; Sin City.  He is TH and PHA free unlike some of his brothers.  He is white and I will use him on a white maine cow and a couple of shorthorns and one tan Semi.

There is llots of bull in the coffee shop and that is where I am headed.