• Jonny Walker Red

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Moody Blues

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sun Seeker

Votes: 13 72.2%

• Total voters

Dusty

I have yet to ever see a "huge boned" angus cow.  If she's a purebred and she's got huge bone I would have to say there's someone in the woodpile in that pedigree.

clubcalve

If you haven't seen big boned angus then you have not seen mine and they are grade

vet tech

clubcalve said:
I need some ideas for my 20 angus cows.
Well im gunna say Hannibal or alias if you want show calves. But, if you would like replacement females i would go with Irish Whiskey or Chill Factor. Maybe Maximus and 3C Macho?

farmboy

i would say sun seeker , alias and money shot for show production. chill factor for replacements. Moody Blues is a double no, he is a dual carrier (THC and PHAC + i never saw a good calf out of him)

dori36

zach said:
i would say sun seeker , alias and money shot for show production. chill factor for replacements. Moody Blues is a double no, he is a dual carrier (THC and PHAC + i never saw a good calf out of him)

Completely has nothing to do with your comments, Zach, but I just love this at the bottom of your posts:  "everynight before the boogeyman goes to bed, he checks his closet for chuck norris"  I check for him every time I use my Total Gym!! Scary dude!

Show Heifer

First off, I would not breed anything to a carrier of anything so FOR ME (relax people, I said IN MY OPINION) so that eliminates some of your choices. And also eliminates IW.I have seen a JWR calf or two and they are nice. Also seen some very nice Alias calves, but I wonder how long "smokies" are going to be popular.

Have you considered Dr.Who or Hannibal? Both have worked for me and I too have large boned angus cows. And my friend dusty can then visit TWO herds of awesome, big boned Angus cows!! So we must be pretty special or darn good cattleman!!!

Personally, if not breeding STRICTLY for a clubby calf, I would strongly consider TC Freedom, Emblazon, or DCC First Look. They will make excellent replacements, and also great angus show steers.

Wish you luck!

clubcalve

First of all I want some good steers and some showheifer prospects. And I have used Hanible on my cows and he just doesn't Click with my cows :'(

kanshow

I think I would be all for mixing it up a little and trying a few different bulls.  It will give you some variety and a better idea of what bulls work best on your cows.  I'm assuming the cows are a related set of cows.