Best Clean Bull for Steers - Poll

Help Support Steer Planet:

Which of these bulls will make the best steers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Barry Farms

I want to use one these bulls to make steers but I don't want to have to sell their sisters at the sale barn. I am NOT looking for suggestions, just opinion on which will make the best steers.

sizzler14

Keep In mind, He said STEERS!!!!! So think about that if your thinking I-80. STEERS!!!

Barry Farms

Not to step on any toes but I dont really like the spotting on one and only's head. He is also not high enough % of Maine to be in the poll.

KSanburg

rarebirdz said:
Mtnman said:
I decline to vote until you have One & Only in your poll!

Do you have calfs by him? I am planning matings for the spring

This years calf crops will be my third set from him, I like them very much, consistent good muscle correct on their feet and the first calf heifers I have calving are doing well and have good milk. Would I like them a little more powerful ? Yes for steers but out of PB herf cows they look pretty good.

Cattle Cards

Mtnman said:
rarebirdz said:
Mtnman said:
I decline to vote until you have One & Only in your poll!

Do you have calfs by him? I am planning matings for the spring

This years calf crops will be my third set from him, I like them very much, consistent good muscle correct on their feet and the first calf heifers I have calving are doing well and have good milk. Would I like them a little more powerful ? Yes for steers but out of PB herf cows they look pretty good. 

Nice aside.  Sounds like you're having good luck with him.  Next time a PM might be more appropriate.  Obviously, after the last post by Barry Farms, it's not keeping with the thread.  We all know of someone else that highjacks threads and we don't like it.  Let's try to set good examples.  And I apologize to Barry Farms to have taken up the space as I don't have an answer for you.  It's apparent you want steers but if you have heifer calves, you'd like to have something reg. as a Maintainers or high % Maine females that aren't only market heifers?  I am doing the same, only with Chianina.  Leaving these 3% and 1.5% bulls out for me.  Good luck.

olsun

From the list that you gave.  must say I am very impressed with the simple man calves that I have seen,

Cattle Cards

I know he was not on your list, and he's old (4 years) but would Dirty Harry 2 (3/4 Maine, calving ease and polled) work.  Only for those heifers that you might not want to use Thriller on.  I know you asked about Thriller being horned.  Plus DH2 has got the shape that ought to give you something nice, steer or heifer, I'd think. 

Barry Farms

I plan to use Long Time Coming on 10 older cows and bigger second calvers, I know he isnt supposed to make the worlds best steers but I think he can make alright ones plus Ill get chrome heifers that I want. 5 second calvers to thriller for goood steers, and 5 to Rumor mill including one yearling show heifer I just happened to find Rumor Mill on Cattle Visions and P wolfe emailed me some nice looking pictures of his calves. Aside from the point, my show heifer has amazing hair! We are feeding her in a lot with a 2 open heifer and I'm not going to start breaking the steers, my heifer, or a 4 month old heifer calf until the 1st of April. I'm not working with her hair yet and she already has about 3-4 inches more hair than what these steers do.

Diamond

My vote is for aman, powerhouse steers that could get out and move. I found he could greatly inprove structure