best clipper lube?

Help Support Steer Planet:

ska

what is the best clipper lube for small clippers? like the ACG 2s and like a x-block blade? i do not want rust or anything.

Tallcool1

I always used any lubricating type of oil.  WD-40 works as good as anything as long as you have a blower to get all of it off the clippers.  It will break down adhesive in a hurry.

Most people use Final Bloom on show day...because it is laying around anyway.

Chuck Wagon

Synthetic oil is the best.  It has a higher Viscosity Index and the molecules will not break down with higher temps.  All lubricants are derived from crude oil and go through the refining process then are shipped to various lube blender for packaging

I make my own by buying a quart of Pennzoil synthetic motor oil from Wal Mart.  Shell has plant in Qatar that converts Natural Gas to Lube Oil.(google it)  It lasts longer because it does not breakdown with high heat, so it has better friction protection, is not crude based so does not leave a residue.  It’s the purest and cleanest oil you can buy.

ska

so just use Pennzoil synthetic motor oil from Wal Mart?

Chuck Wagon

Yes.  $5 to $7 dollars for 32 oz vs $8-$10 for 10oz.  Valvoline has a synthetic oil but is a paraffin, crude oil based, and why I use Pennzoil, which comes from Natural Gas. 

It’s very convenient to use a spray, especially when your in a hurry and most clippers like to get moving.  It’s not for everybody, but you ask for the best clipper lube and it’s the best lubrication for friction.  I usually blow the hair out and use a 10 oz squirt bottle (similar to a ketchup bottle with lid you see in diner). 

Again, it’s easier to grab pink oil, but try it out and it’s cheap. If I have some, I will also use Rem Oil with Teflon to blend it and thin it out.

DLD

If you’re going to use anything heavy like motor oil, be very careful to wipe any residue off before you start clipping - the last thing you need is a glob of that heavy oil getting in your calf’s hair, especially if you’re fitting.  The heavier oil is no doubt better for the life of your clipper blades, but mere convenience isn’t the only reason most fitters use final bloom (or something similar).  Whatever you use for lube, get yourself a small soft brush to clean your clippers, and use it regularly - especially when you’re clipping in adhesives.

I like the little bottle of oil that comes with the Andes clippers - I use it when I start and when I stop, but again - being sure to wipe away residue.  But when i’m fitting, especially like a leg, I use a quick shot of final bloom regularly. As long as you don’t overdo it, it won’t break down your adhesive but your blades will cut much better and smoother. Be sure when you spray it on your blades the overspray isn’t hitting the leg.

newguy

I use a oil that is use a cutting oil.Used by machine shops on metal lathes etc.Zoom spout works great and is made for that application.

newguy

Here is a picture.it goes a long way and works out cheap.spout fits in the small holes in osler shears.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190718-080859_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190718-080859_Chrome.jpg
    459 KB · Views: 232