Best Clubby Bulls for Charolais Cow

Help Support Steer Planet:

Idahoboy

What bulls does everyone think would work best with this Charolais cow to produce club calves? We are thinking of starting with Fu Man Chu and Monopoly. The pictures are of her, a son, and a daughter.

Attachments

• WC Pearl 3002 Resized.jpg
    WC Pearl 3002 Resized.jpg
    557.2 KB · Views: 176
  • WC Icon 9200 Resized.jpg
    WC Icon 9200 Resized.jpg
    458.6 KB · Views: 177
  • WC Madison 7273 Resized.jpg
    WC Madison 7273 Resized.jpg
    700.1 KB · Views: 165

Mark H

Monopoly is worth considering. Tim Bullock has had good luck with him on Charolais cows.

CRS

Monopoly or one of his sons seems to work the best.  Horn has been using Heatwave on maternal Charolais with some success too.

Gargan

CRS said:
Monopoly or one of his sons seems to work the best.  Horn has been using Heatwave on maternal Charolais with some success too.
Agree, also would throw in igwt as a good candidate for your cow.

simba

I don’t claim to know much about whites or clubbies but the Char X Monopoly cross is pretty popular here in Western Canada.

WT

IGWT would work good with her.
QB has a bull called Mufasa that's good good. I'd have to look but I think he's a Heatwave x American.
There are a handful down in south Tx that are killing it right now if you know who to talk to about semen.

jconner2088

Mufasa is out of a heatwave bull I think from the great Glen Martin and an american cow... if i am remembering correctly. Most of the texas bulls you can either find at thegenesource or give Thigpen or Holder a call at Bullnanza Stud.

Weezie

Monopoly cross on Chars has been documented and it works. Does anyone think Monopoly's Angus background has a sizeable impact to why this mating works? I think it's an interesting thinking piece that I wanted to throw out. The reason why I say that is that if Monopoly's Angus background has a sizeable contribution to the effectiveness of the mating then, in theory, other club bulls with this background could be in play. Just an interesting thought worth discussing

Steve123

Weezie said:
Monopoly cross on Chars has been documented and it works. Does anyone think Monopoly's Angus background has a sizeable impact to why this mating works? I think it's an interesting thinking piece that I wanted to throw out. The reason why I say that is that if Monopoly's Angus background has a sizeable contribution to the effectiveness of the mating then, in theory, other club bulls with this background could be in play. Just an interesting thought worth discussing

"Liked"

Tallcool1

Weezie said:

No, I don't think it is because of the Angus.  I think it is because of the hair and the Heatwave.