best clubby smokey bulls?

Help Support Steer Planet:

CAB

I didn't see any structural troubles with Muddy Water, but it's JMO. Thought that he was one of the better bulls @ stud that I saw last year. In the top 5 for sure.

olsun

I saw both Alias and Muddy Water the same day at Hawkeye. If you see Muddy Water, and you question his soundness, Alias must make you hurl in that respect. Just my opinion, but I know which one I like more.

jrg

vet tech said:
I love the extension White Boy has but I have never seen a calf. Milkman is a good bull and Alias is too. Troubadour and yellow jacket look very interesting. I would love to see some troubadour females on some Ohlde or Duff angus females!

We will have some Troubadours out of Ohlde genetics in spring and fall of 2010.  I'm sure looking forward to seeing them.

WFCC

HannaCattle said:
how about  WCC GUNSMOKE? champion chi bull at ft worth and lousivlle

I have also wondered about gunsmoke. He looks powerful and deep sided, and i think his females could be really broody!

herefordfootball

WFCC said:
HannaCattle said:
how about  WCC GUNSMOKE? champion chi bull at ft worth and lousivlle

I have also wondered about gunsmoke. He looks powerful and deep sided, and i think his females could be really broody!

I saw him at lville. He was a beast. Long bodied, deep, and tons of muscle. He moved pretty good too.

frostback

Could any of you nice high speed techies please post some links of photos of these bulls. Also the pedigrees. I have not heard or seen any of them and I am interested, but surfing for me takes hours. Thanks  Frostie

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
TROUBADOR----------tHE bull from Kris Black ranch in Oklahoma,no calving problems at all on Angus and Chatrolais cows
Muddy Water -----------Fred Ranch raised this bull an there is some fall calves this fall at owner's place ....

Attachments

• Troubadour_low copy.jpg
    Troubadour_low copy.jpg
    981 KB · Views: 188
  • howdy_big.jpg
    howdy_big.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 177

frostback

Thats what I am talking about. Thanks Freddy. Got any pedigrees on them? Troubador has a pink nose, is he a purebred? I am looking for a bull to use on a half short/char heifer.

vet tech

here is solid gold....

Attachments

• SolidGold.jpg
    SolidGold.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 284

jbh

That Grey Goose bull of Tusa's that was a FULL BROTHER to Addiction looked REAL GOOD in his picture.  I absolutely LOVED ADDICTION....figures he wouldn't FREEZE!  I know Grey Goose froze early and that Friction influence definitely has its place.

Steer4Caddy

If anyone saw the Grand Steer at Houston a few years ago (full brother to Solid Gold or clone) you may have noticed he couldn't move very well.  I like Shaake but he used him on the shear freak factor of muscle.  If you consider they did whatever it took to make him move decent then how sound do you think he really was?  Grey Goose has some real issues up front.  I saw him at stud. 
I don't know about some of the others mentioned.  I've got a friend who leased Tinman but I've heard bad things about BW on here. 
I've used White Chocolate and he won't work.  The Alias calves I've seen, at least the ones that aren't crippled up front, seem to be the best.  Probably need to be a little a little neater in their shoulder and neck. 

WFCC

frostback said:
Thats what I am talking about. Thanks Freddy. Got any pedigrees on them? Troubador has a pink nose, is he a purebred? I am looking for a bull to use on a half short/char heifer.

for you i think i would suggest troubadour

WFCC

last i knew houston wasnt collecting.  also a full brother to grey goose that trausch own is WHITE NOISE. his video is on trausch page. anyone have calves out of him?

Sly

I saw solid gold at REI monday afternoon.  I was very impressed.  For being cold, he looked sound. You want to talk about power and tons of bone.  I had never heard of this bull until then.  I am going to try him in 2010.  Also, he is very shaggy about 3 or 4 inches of hair.

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
The Troubadour bullis 3/4 Charolais , here is a poster so that you can seee how he is bred.
The Muddy Water  bull as a calf was very corrrect an moved as nice  as you could ask for, me not having a lot of experience with these type  cattle was a little worried because he was pcked with muscle an I worried about later in life, but I know the owners say the picture does not do him justice an he has been with cows most of the time when not collected. He has been in the Mike Treinen herd in Marcus Iowa this summer an Chad Thompson herd in S.D. this fall, an these guys should sure  know .  An CAB an someone else on the board has seen him an had their thought on how he looks.  I beetter go we have a little snow but maybe later ....The second picture of full brother that sold at Tusa''s last winter , an I will have a full brother to him at the Ne, Cattlemens Clasic in Feb. ,middle part , 18th I tHINK ..................

Attachments

• Troubadour_low.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 113
  • 234-CarnacXPBCharolais (2).jpg
    234-CarnacXPBCharolais (2).jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 185