Best colored bulls out there

Help Support Steer Planet:

YoungGunCattle

Starting to think about next years breeding decisions (yes I know that is a long ways away) and with color on the rage (smoke chrome and even blue roan) I want to know what color bulls are working for everybody. Has anybody had experience with rain maker? What are some smokey bulls that are throwin good sound bull calves

STAL19

Had a couple solid golds this last spring . Big boned , decent hair, and really sound. Used Texas twister on a few this year, anxious to see those in the spring. Also had some good shorthorn colered ones out of crimson tide. 

Ohio1

Texas twister, crimson tide, damn proud for blue roans

YoungGunCattle

skeeter20 normally i would agree with you. all of our calves are black except for a few stray reds but the smokey thing has been making quite the splash. multiple state fairs were won by smokes this year and there were a hell of a lot of them at the top of divisions at aksarben. My thinking if its good, its good. color doesnt matter.

vet tech

A good one is a good one to me, color is the last thing that matters to me, but I am using Man Among Boys heavy. Also consider some other of Rodgers new bulls like 2 tone. I liked the Uni Mas calves I saw, just use him on a longer spined cow. Texas twister's structure scares me, people who have seen him in person don't like him at all. Milkman has been popular over the years and maintained popularity. Use solid gold really hairy cattle and you shoul have some pretty nice calves.

countyagent

choppin wood, milkman, yellow jacket, solid gold...troubador could be in that conversation as well...heard lots of good things about man among boys

bluffcountrycattle

If you use a smokey bull (sired by say monopoly who is black) on black cows, will you get 50/50 calves that are black or smokey?  Or is it not simple recessives?  I know a pure Char will get you smokes, but was curious what to expect on some of these smokey sons that are crossbred.  Just curious...thx!

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
wE used Muddy Water on black Angus cows and got the 50/50 on color ,great  calves ,proably will flush some Black crossbred TO HIM AND GIVES ME MORE SOME BLACKS to  work with .....TROUBDOR -you will proably get more smokes, also the red gene might cause some creams also  ...

sgetz007

What's the general opinion of Man Among Boys and Choppin Wood?  Both are bulls that were mentioned earlier that I really liked, but was waiting for some calf reports before using.