Best County Fairs

Help Support Steer Planet:

ATM OH

I really enjoy going to see different County Fairs in our area or any area for that matter.  Thought it might be cool to have everyone post where their favorite county fair is and then also post which county fair in their vicinity has the toughest steer show.  Mine is easily Darke County Ohio and they also have a competitive steer show every year.  Feel free to post pics of 2012 Grand Champions if you have them.

PSC

that were we are from i think this yr is going to be like a state fair steer show  lot good steers

Angusboy

My county fair (Warren County Fair) is practically the Iowa State Fair we have an extremely competetive steer show (Reynolds, Millers). none of us others even stand a chance  :(

iowabeef

I would say the Cass County Fair(Atlantic, Iowa) is a very deep cattle show. 
While not as deep, the Floyd County Fair (Charles City, Iowa) always has a stong top.  Here are pics of the two winners.

Market Champion
Tin Man Chi Steer weighing 1320
Zach Mitchell, Showman

Breeding champion
Maintainer Heifer
Drew Mitchell, Showman

Attachments

• Ozzie Fair Champion compressed.jpg
    Ozzie Fair Champion compressed.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 334
  • Rachel Fair Champion Compressed.jpg
    Rachel Fair Champion Compressed.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 334

farmboy

Brown County Ohio is unreal. If you haven't been to Georgetown, it's a whose who of Southern Ohio, along with Highland County.

savaged

Zach said:
Brown County Ohio is unreal. If you haven't been to Georgetown, it's a whose who of Southern Ohio, along with Highland County.

Ditto for me Zach.  If you can win the Brown & Highland County Open Shows you will be competitive anywhere.  Lots of Ohio State Fair / Ohio Beef Expo champions from these two counties.

ATM OH

Nice...what are the dates for Highland and Brown?

OLD WORLD SHORTIE

Hunt County Fair in Greenville, TX
Won the the breed, division and the open Supreme Champion heifer this year. Will continue to go back.
AvdetcICMAEGGMu.jpg

Good Shows and Prizes.
Lots of good food, and live concerts with lots of good people working it.

The Mercer County Fair in Aledo has to be one of the toughest in Illinois.  Three steers in the grand drive at IL Beef Exo were from Mercer County (Champion & Reserve were from Mercer).  And the Champion Shorthorn Jr Show Heifers at the Illinois State Fair the last two years were from two different families from Mercer County!

bcosu

It's been a couple years since I've watched the clark county fair (ohio) but there were cattle that won all winter that would get left standing there, and it wasn't because they were bad.

there's money in that county. there's also some bad ones too though.

Bradenh

i think one of the toughest county fairs in texas steer show wise would have to be montgomery county (conroe area) with families like the Carwhiles, Katie Robinson, Kaycie Carter and numerous others hailing from there over the years

dimebag

I second that SS 95 , those are the best steers I've ever seen at a county fair . Many are good enough to win at a Major in Texas

Ohio1

I haven't been to the show in a couple years but the preble county fair ( Ohio ) has some big names that do good everywhere they go

PSC

it takes alot of hard work from all the family in darke co ohio to do good like they do with some not a whole let money but a hell of alot of work  you gotta love it to do it

J

JTM

Preble county open shows are this Sunday. We will be there with a couple heifers. It's a drive in show so come on out!  It should be one heck of a day. The Preble County Cattleman's first steer show will be in the evening with the Grand Champion bringing in $1500!!! Only steers bought in the PCC sale from last year are eligible for this show. The next sale is scheduled for September 22,2012.

I agree that Darke county is a great fair all around. The competition in Darke and Preble have been fairly even over the years in my opinion. Both very good...