best gooming chute?

Help Support Steer Planet:

cowmet

If you could buy any grooming chute, which one would you buy? And, would it be a 7' or 8'?

LLBUX

Happy with my 7' Steel Cadillac chute.

Had a heavy duty one years ago thet was over 9' long, built to accommodate steers and bulls of that era. 

Boy does it look funny now with a current heifer in it.

lightnin4

I bought the 7 ft. hybrid cadillac chute a couple of years ago and am pleased with it.  I guess the size you want depends on what you plan on using it for.  My 7 ft. has been plenty big enough for yearling show heifers and finished steers.  If your using it for mature bulls or cows, or big senior yearlings, you may want the bigger one.

KSUwildcat2009

If you can afford the 8 foot aluminum with the steel frame, do it.  By about state fair time, we had problems with heifers' back legs being even with the back of our 7 footer (we keep heads out of the head gate because our cattle stand better like that usually and it makes it easier to fit front legs).  We stretched ours to be just short of 8 feet and love it.  When we bought it, our trailer was not tall enough to hold an 8 footer when it was stood up.  Since then we have gotten a new trailer and started hauling it folded down and wish we would have gotten the 8 footer.  The extra length really helps to keep everyone comfortable and happy when fitting.  ;D

bart

8 foot powder coated so it doesn't get the gray slime on you'r  cattle.
We have a hamms 7.5 and wish I would have bought the 8 foot instead.

Cyfarmer

I will second the 8ft with powder coating
we have a 8ft Hybrid from Sullivans that we powder coated the whole thing and love it
the extra length is nice - the only time you will wish you had the smaller one is moving it - they are a little heavier
but if that is the case - just get a 1/2 chute