Best High Tensile Fence Charger? And Go!

Help Support Steer Planet:

jcedvm

Hey Guys and Girls.

I just had 100 acres fenced in with 6 strands (3 hot) high tensile wire.  I'm looking for the best option for a fence charger.  I would like to use Solar but if plug in is the way to go I'll run electric.  I'm simply wanting something that will work well and last !

Thanks!

beebe

I have had good luck with a Parmak 12 volt solar.  Nothing is perfect but I have 5 of them and if I need another it will be a Parmak 12 volt.

hntwhitetail

I have 2 stafix.  They also have the option to goto solar if you would like that.

GoWyo

The Parmaks are just plain old reliable chargers.  Tin housing and nothing fancy.  I have used a Parmak 12 solar year round for 5 years on the same battery running up to 3/4 of a mile of 3-wire high tensile permanent fence (bottom and top wires hot) and that is fine with little crowding pressure and no wild cattle. 

If you will be having some pressure against the fence, you may want to opt for as big of AC charger as you can afford to make sure they learn to never touch it.  Have seen 7-wire bull pen where the bulls annually knocked down well-built continuous fence and the electric fence solved a lot of issues.  They were real careful where their butts were when sparring.

RLN Cattle

I love my Power Wizard solar fence charger.  A good friend nagged me for years to try it, I finally gave in, and today wouldn't hesitate recommending it to anyone.  I bought the biggest solar unit they had, the 500 I believe, and it works like a charm anywhere I've tried it.  Personally, I would go with a plug in model of charger whenever possible, just for reliability sake and you can get a mega punch out of one.  That being said my solar unit really did its job this winter grazing corn stalks in a remote location where a plug in wasn't an option.  I ran a perimeter fence (single wire galvanized) around 80 acres, with a single strand of polywire splitting the place in half, then multiple cross fence pieces to divide it down into smaller paddocks.  Not a single issue.  Usually I fight battery charged models, but no more.  Cost $330 at a local farm store, and worth every penny.  Heres a link in case you're interested.  http://www.powerwizardinc.com/solar.html

b_kackley

Solar- parmak 12 volt
110- Gallagher, or stafix
We have had a parmak 6 volt last over twenty years with only a couple of battery replacements. We upgraded to the 12 volt and have not been disappointed.