best i've seen in a LONG time

Help Support Steer Planet:

this is the best cow calf pair in the show circut possibly the best to ever walk the ring in my opinion. shes got one hoss of a calf at her side. in my opinion that judge was stupid she should have won reserved her divsion and the senior fall heifer divsion should have swept the show easy. any one know the mating of this cow or the calf? he's all chromed up and NICE would make someone a great steer to make the sale at some majors next year or win some county steer shows easy no problems. he's worth ALOT! not many first calf heifers throw a hell of a calf like this one did

http://www.showchampions.com/Image/Show/7902d13c-acd4-4139-b8cb-e31177f70abd

http://www.showchampions.com/Image/Show/39256e81-5908-473c-95be-7805dca3c5fc

http://www.showchampions.com/Image/Show/e1549cf2-a398-4350-862c-c8a197b91c0c

boss cow

I was told the calf was a Mercedes Benz. If that's true, I can't wait til ours start hitting the ground.

That is a nice heifer and she's doing a real good job raising a GREAT calf.

SRnRW

I know the girl who owns the pair and he is a Mercedes Benz.      I want to say the cow is a Habenero grand daughter.        But the calf is being well taken care of and she is begining a great show prospect for someone or for herself.      The calf is day weaned so therefore he has to eat show feed (in turn gain a lil more weight and give mom a rest to gain weight herself).

SRC

Are you saying this is the best cow calf pair you've seen show, ever, anywhere?

AAOK

A nice set, but no where near the best pair I've seen.  All it takes to get a calf in that condition is to start on a show ration in the first few months, and let 'em stay on the cow.

fed_champions

Best ever, IDK bout that, nice cow and calf, but easily passed up in the showring, did yall ever see the champion brangus heifer in the open show last year, now that was a damn good pair

chambero

There was an Angus trio this year - momma with a set of twins.  I don't even remember if they won their class, but she was a pretty nice momma and the calves were real nice heifer calves - especially for a set of twins.  First time I saw someone show twins on a momma.

There were some Hereford/Polled Hereford heifers at Houston that had some awful good babies on them also.

And then there was the Simmental pair tied across from us where momma had a C-section.  The hair hadn't even grown back you.  Don't know what some people are thinking.  Certain things just kind of should disqualify an animal from being a show heifer.

lowann

We got a Mercedes Benz/Heat Wave bull calf that looks pretty similar. Ours looks like he might be a dark smoke, with chrome.
Very happy with him. We will use him again for sure.
Very nice pair by the way!

firesweepranch

chambero said:
There was an Angus trio this year - momma with a set of twins.  I don't even remember if they won their class, but she was a pretty nice momma and the calves were real nice heifer calves - especially for a set of twins.  First time I saw someone show twins on a momma.

There were some Hereford/Polled Hereford heifers at Houston that had some awful good babies on them also.

And then there was the Simmental pair tied across from us where momma had a C-section.  The hair hadn't even grown back you.  Don't know what some people are thinking.  Certain things just kind of should disqualify an animal from being a show heifer.

What are your thoughts on showing a cow calf pair that are twins (bull and heifer)? Do you think it would discount the cow? Our good show cow had twins this year, and we are debating showing her or not. Both calves look good, but I wonder if the cow will be discounted because of the heifer/bull mix??

kfacres

firesweepranch said:
chambero said:

What are your thoughts on showing a cow calf pair that are twins (bull and heifer)? Do you think it would discount the cow? Our good show cow had twins this year, and we are debating showing her or not. Both calves look good, but I wonder if the cow will be discounted because of the heifer/bull mix??

and why would that hurt a cow?  I mean she only put in the X.. not her fault one got a Y.

kyfarmgirl10

Granted thats a nice cow calf pair but i've seen cow calf pairs around KY that can rival the growth and style of that calf and were first calf heifers.... its all about how you supplement the calf

showsteerdlux

firesweepranch said:
chambero said:

Just show whichever calf is better................

I said POSSIBLY the best in the show circut today in Texas. This calf was the talked about ALL over the barn in San Antonio and Houston. Lots of steer jocks are wanting to buy him from what i hear. There was no competition for this pair in their breed AT ALL . anyone know though if they plan to steer him or keep him  a bull ? and the heifer that won it was owned by Ryan Holaway, shes nice but i dont think nice enough to win the show. i thought the senior division heifer deffiantly beat his no doubt but thats my opinion.

SeannyT

An off-topic question that I got out of this thread--is it common for people showing young calves (as in the pictures) to be on their knees in the showring? First I have ever seen this, seems practical with such a small calf but not what I would consider the best showman etiquette. I've shown small calves in 4H but that was when I was younger but usually I would get a junior member to show the calf as I got older. Just wondering, never seen this b4..

lcc10

Alot of people bend down beside them or stand on their knees they are 2-3 month old calves .. no correct showman ethic on this just your personal preference

Heard through the grapvine today dont know if its true or not that this calf is for sale !!!!!!!!!!! (clapping)

Telling yall if yall pass this one up your going to get beat by him

Latest posts