Best Market steer you ever saw

Help Support Steer Planet:

Garrett

I'm from Illinois and i think not onyl what i thought but many of the older steer jock guys from way back in the day agreed that the Day family had a steer in i believe 08 that some said was the best steer to walk the Illinois state fairgrounds in 40 years. He was one of my favoites

BuckJones

I've not been to many of the big shows here in Canada.
This is one that always comes to mind from out district show.
6175_126937055918_527320918_2951400_6319619_n.jpg

Won reserve couple of years ago to a charx, but came out on top when carcass results came in.
Judge was from Texas.

fed_champions

Jiingle, he really was a great one. We always showed charolais cattle, that year we happened to stop by Copus' and he immediately asked my dad "yall are charolais boys right?" my dad said yea and he replied "well, yall are a little late, i just sold the best one ive seen in a long time" my dad asked "to who" he said the Newmans. Later my dad said we'll never see that one til the majors, but atleast we know he's out there. I had a good steer that year, and after he was 4th in Ft. Worth my dad went to Mr. Newman asking where they were going with him, he said "Houston why?", My dad said cuz we wanna stay the hell away from that one and took our steer to San Antone instead.

jlingle

chambero said:
Did you make more money selling the steer or his momma to Cody?

Any baby photos of him you could post?

Congrats.

I'm gonna do some snooping today and see if dad has any pictures of that calf as a baby.  It'd be pretty darn weird for him not to have any, and to be really honest, I've never even thought of it.  I'll check on it.

Jive Turkey

jlingle said:
chambero said:
Did you make more money selling the steer or his momma to Cody?

Any baby photos of him you could post?

Congrats.

I'm gonna do some snooping today and see if dad has any pictures of that calf as a baby.  It'd be pretty darn weird for him not to have any, and to be really honest, I've never even thought of it.  I'll check on it.

What was the breeding on that calf?

ds

The 2004 American Royal Champ of Wilcox was a stout rip.

jlingle

Oops... didn't mean to forget about yall.  Yes the calf was a yahtzee and the cow was out of a bull called Larda$$.  I'm still working on some pictures.  It's kinda hard to scrape them up from the summer of '04, but I think we had some where he was next to a pond or something....

afhm

That shorthorn that Copus had that was Reserve Grand Overall at Fort Worth 2000 I think it was one awesome beast.  I still don't know how he didn't win it all.

jjkchast

sjd said:
The 2004 American Royal Champ of Wilcox was a stout rip.

I agree, They have won a ton of major shows, and that was the best calf I have ever seen.

gary89

fed_champions said:
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yigiMaL0QQs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yigiMaL0QQs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

2008 Iowa State Fair
Thanks for posting that link. That steer was a Heatwave x Jack Frost. i judged an open show that year @ Webster City and used him and I was just astounded you could make one that good. I had not seen him before, and I knew then he would win the ISF, he was just tremendous. Faber's had a lot of great ones, but he truly stands alone in my mind.

fed_champions

Here is the Wilcox steer you speak of. His picture looks really good.

Attachments

• gcs_royal.png
    gcs_royal.png
    63.4 KB · Views: 1,425
2023 champion fort Worth steer named snoop dog showed by Sadie Wampler it is a European cross

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240108-173213-444.png
    Screenshot_20240108-173213-444.png
    430.9 KB · Views: 12