Best Simmi/Angus Bull?

Help Support Steer Planet:

muleman

What is the best Simmi/Angus Bull for raising show steers? I have a maine cow that is a tad straight in the back and  I am afraid to breed her to a Clubby Bull. Any optins or suggestions welcome. Thanks

TJ

I know of a good bull, but can't think of the name.  I'll look it up & get back later. 

Show Heifer

For a simmi bull, I am going to use Exclusive. He is a baldy with a reasonable BW EPD.

red

how about Salution? He's owned by Pohlman Farms. Looks like a good bull.

Red

Chap

Thanks for the vote of confidence in my bull, CNS Exclusive.  I think he will work great on clubby bred cows.  Of course I may be biased.  I did just get a report that a steer calf son of his has done very well in MN so far this year. I hope to get pics of that steer shortly.

CAB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.goldrushshowcattle.com/
    This is a site for the Simi/Angus bull named Dreamline. I posted up incorrectly under the topic "advice on what to breed to". More info under that topic. Sorry, Brent

fluffer

Chap said:
Thanks for the vote of confidence in my bull, CNS Exclusive.  I think he will work great on clubby bred cows.  Of course I may be biased.  I did just get a report that a steer calf son of his has done very well in MN so far this year. I hope to get pics of that steer shortly.

Chaps- I assume then that CNS Dream on is yours as well, or did you purchase your CNS Exclusive? 

Either way- I would like to tell the simmy hunters- Dream On is a GREAT choice.  We love him.  I don't know how much his semen is now days, but we have had success with EVERY calf out of him.  He has great EPD's all the way though.  He works in almost every setting.
I am going to take a look at the Exclusive bull, I don't know much about him.

Fluffer

fluffer

BCCC said:
How are the bw's on them?

If your referring to Dream On, he is a lower BW bull.  We haven't had anything over 85 lbs out of him.  Would use him on heifers without worries.  His semen is running $35 right now, better then the $60 it was last year.  Check him out at ABSglobal.com  Exclusive is on there too I believe.  He is a nice looking bull.  His carcass epd's aren't quite as nice as dream on, but other then that I say he is a top choice too.

We like Dream On because you can go the show route with the calves, use them as replacements, or send them to the packer.  Not many bulls that are such a trifecta.

Fluffer

AAOK

muleman - Check out Gregory's bull, Maximus  http://www.gregoryfarms.com/siresanddonors.html

kanshow

ABS has Dream On in their special price catagory..  ie, you can get a discount at a certain volume. 

Chap

THe CNS prefix belong to Chris and Natalie Schick from Illinois.  They raised Dream On and sold a piece to Janssen's in Iowa.  Dream On is easily the most heavily used PB Sim bull out there and has been for several years.  I bot Exclusive from Schick at the Illinois Beef Expo in 2006. He was purchased to use in my operation to make club calf producing females and a mating option for PB breeders to use on their Dream On females. Dream On sons/ daughters or derivatives dominate the Simmental landscape.   Dream On did/does many of the tihings the simmental breed needed.  downsized frame, softened structure and body type, and gave a really good look to the cattle, all while doing it with good calving ease.  I wanted a bull that represented what Simmi did for me 20 years ago.  Monster Footed, big boned, big bodied cattle that make great cows.  I found this in Exclusive, while maintaining "look", Hair and structure.  I see him as an ideal compliment to dream on.

Chap

Since the avatar might be too small to see, i included a pic of Exclusive and one of his mother. SS Miss Break K2 "Perfection"

Attachments

• K2 Perfection.jpg
    K2 Perfection.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 724

Chap

here is the bull

Attachments

• CNS%20Exclusive%20R511_small.jpg
    CNS%20Exclusive%20R511_small.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 287