Best TH Free clubby bull?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Young

I've got a couple of cows (Kool x Double Stuff) that are possible TH carriers and was looking for the best clean bull that would add thickness and bone.

DSI

Jakes Proud Jazz if you want to stay purebred shorthorn.

hntwhitetail

Looks like Yellow Jacket is Pretty Good.

Irish Whiskey is THF, but PHAC.

Thriller is a THF bull, but too young to have any calves on the ground yet.

Young

How are the Free 4 All calves?  Do you have any or know where I can see pics? I really like the bull and plan on using him this spring but wasn't sure how he was at adding bone and thickness.

texas111

Yellow jacket.  jakes proud jazz calves in my opinion have too course a front end.  Although I have seen some good ones.  Yellow jacket is a great bull Mark Steele would be gald to tell you about him if you give him a call.  Look him up at steele embryo on the net.  Good luck to ya.

Diamond

My vote would be for Dr.who, seen some cool ones out of him

CAB

We won't know yet, but I'm waiting to see some One & Only calves and I think that on the right cows Stands Alone may put out some good calves. I also like some of the Dr.Who calves that I have seen. I will say thought, when we breed to Dr Who, we are usually hoping for a heifer calf.

advocate

I'm excited for one and only my problem with yellow jacket is I haven't been able to find one that isn't gigantic and shotgun bellied

garybob

showsteernc said:
I'd agree with Yellow Jacket on most carriers but on shorthorns? Can't see that working out great. JMO though.
Charolais "clicks" with Shorthorn cows better than Maine Anjou or Red Angus bulls. I have used this cross personally.

GB

CJC

garybob said:
showsteernc said:
I'd agree with Yellow Jacket on most carriers but on shorthorns? Can't see that working out great. JMO though.
Charolais "clicks" with Shorthorn cows better than Maine Anjou or Red Angus bulls. I have used this cross personally.

GB

I seen some good Char X Shorts heifers at the Belt Buckle this year. If you type in Yellow Jacket calves ( you will get him and the bucking bull called Yellow Jacket); there are a couple of nice ones on the net. I have a Shotie and I going to AI her to Yellow Jacket.

hntwhitetail

Dr. Who should get some votes...  looks good for a thf bull....  Wonder what would happen if he got mated to all of the females mated to HeatWave?? O0

bcosu

who made who is the best th free club calf bull.

dr. who is a good bet too, both can throw steers and heifers but the heifers are probably better as a whole.

stands alone and one and only both looked awfully good as young bulls.

we had a friction steer one year, he was okay. wasn't all that powerful but he had that up headed, snaky looking front end that they tend to get.

Bradenh

theres a posting on here about heatwave pics. it has a link on it that shows a picture of hired mans front end at stud, may want to check it out before you use him

kfacres

Young said:
I've got a couple of cows (Kool x Double Stuff) that are possible TH carriers and was looking for the best clean bull that would add thickness and bone.

with that pedigree, I am suprised they are even alive.. especially considering you didn't blood test them...  'possibly' THC??

If you didn't know it, KOOL is THC AND PHAC  as well as Double Stuff being a carrier for both..  Can't say I would make a breeding decision like that without blood testing, and even then...