Best way soap for white cattle

Help Support Steer Planet:

JohnDeere

Ive got a white shorthorn steer that is completely white and I was wondering if anyone knew of any soap that did a good job on getting that whitle look back in them...I use joy dish soap now but would try something else if there is anything better
thanks

PaFFA Proud

I have an all white(technially called a gray) well i use a shampoo called Exhibitors Lab Silver and it works GREAT. This past year I used it on my market lambs and dairy beef and people were amazed on how white they were and stayed(it contains something that repels stains)

lcc10

use iodine . I know it's a brown/red color & you will think it is gonna stain then but you would be amazed at what it will do for a white calf . & rinsing every day is the key to keeping a white calf white .. to prevent stuff from drying in the hair & staying too long .

jlingle

I use Shimmering Lights on our white shorthorn.  The stuff just works.  Rinse him everyday, use lots of sheen & it'll help to keep him clean.  I only soap him about once a week, but it works well.

Earthmover

We found that bedding them on corn stalks helps keep them white. The corn starch helps.

showsteerdlux

Earthmover said:
We found that bedding them on corn stalks helps keep them white. The corn starch helps.
Thats an interesting one, hadn't th ought of that before, but now that you mention it, I thought back and normally calves on stalks do appear cleaner.

katie_k

i use dawn dish soap and some elbow greece during the year but washing up for shows i use sullivans bright light

KCK

We always use Mrs. Stewarts Bluing, found in the laundry section, mixed into our Joy. Kept our Hereford parts white since it is formulated for whites in the wash machine.

http://www.mrsstewart.com/