BFS Lovely Lady--Tyra

Help Support Steer Planet:

oakbar

Some of you shorty fans have sent PMs asking what we're showing this year so I thought I'd post a picture of one of my daughter's heifers taken at the Sioux Falls show in January.  Unfortunately,  my daughter is so busy with sports, music, etc. we aren't getting to too many shows this year.  We have a 150th celebration in our town over the 4th of July this year which pretty much kills Junior Nationals as well.

Attachments

• BFS Lovely Lady TP733 1-08.JPG
    BFS Lovely Lady TP733 1-08.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 472

itk

Look at the dollars she has generated and the programs who have daughters, I would hardly call her overlooked. Maybe five years ago but not anymore.

shorthorns r us

i think she is the kind of cow that will produce the next trump when they mate her to some off the beaten path bull.  maybe major leroy or one of those sask valley bulls.

oakbar

SRU,

You're correct she's a Trump out of Bollum's BFS Lovely Lady 732!!  Her mother has put out some really good calves and the Bollum's are really a great family to deal with.  We really like the heifer and feel she's got a lot of things  we're looking for in a breeding female. 

I'd be interested to hear what some of the other folks on Steer Planet think we should breed her to.

shortyjock89

WHOO!! She sure is nice.    I think that she would click with something in the Double Vision lines...but then you run into TH problems..
For her first calf-  I really wish Prince James semen was still available, I've seen many good Prince James x Trump females....
It gets hard when you have heifers this good...finding bulls for her 2-10th calves that will improve such a female....especially since quite a few of the best bulls in the breed are related to her.

TJ

I'd like one like that, please! 

itk

Jeff is usually lurking around here somewhere so he should be able fill you in. We used a 3/4 brother to his dam the last few years and really liked the calves. I really like the bull and would use him but we have alot of similar genetics. I'm seriously thinking about lining up the Kendra cow family in the future though.

shortdawg

Really nice female !!!! I hope my Lovely Lady will be half that good. I liked her when I first saw her in the catalog for the Pride Sale. Mine is still in S. Dakota and will be at least until she calves. I'm more than likely breeding her to JPJ for her first calf.

oakbar

Hey Short Dawg,

What's the pedigree of your Lovely Lady and where is she located in SD.  We may be going there this weekend.

shortdawg

She's a Pure Pride out of a 732 daughter - SS Lady Pride 769. She's at Schrag's. I guess you've heard about Doug Schrag passing by now haven't you ?

oakbar

Short Dawg,

No, I hadn't heard of Doug's passing until just after I sent you the last reply.  That will sure change our plans as we were thinking of going out to see our Deadwood/AP886 heifer this weekend.  I thought your Lovely Lady might be at Schrag's!!

Wow!!  My thoughts go out to the Schrag family.  I just spent quite a bit of time talking to Cory and Melissa at the Ft Dodge show on Saturday.  Its amazing how quickly life can change in just a few days!!  Doug was always very pleasant and a welcoming host when we visited his farm!!  I'm sure he'll be greatly missed by his family and all his friends in the industry!! 

oakbar

Thanks Stumpy,

I really like the look of the Tm Gus bull.  If he's working well on heifers, we'll probably think about him for the Lovely Lady pictured above and possibly a real thick Tonic/Carmele heifer that we have.  What kind of heifers have you been using him on.  My email is [email protected] if you'd rather respond that way or if you want you can leave a PM.

Thanks again,

Oakbar