Biggest and Best Simmental bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

zbeutler

Needing some advice. I’m trying to identify 4 to 5 black Simmental bulls that are big framed and well muscled to AI to my 7 frame cows. . I have been getting mixed feedback from people I know and I figured I would put the forum to the rest?

knabe

how about a fullblood for reference.

most of the others from this era (74) were very thick and leathery necked.

Attachments

• IMG_9587.JPG
    IMG_9587.JPG
    901.6 KB · Views: 115

zbeutler

Funny you mention that, I have some old “Darbill Bad Monday” semen, he was a 7.5 frame simmental bull. That was my originally plan.

beebe

zbeutler said:
Needing some advice. I’m trying to identify 4 to 5 black Simmental bulls that are big framed and well muscled to AI to my 7 frame cows. . I have been getting mixed feedback from people I know and I figured I would put the forum to the rest?
Why do you want that size of cattle?

knabe

beebe said:
zbeutler said:

to breed pud showsteer bulls to, to get them a little bigger?

beebe

knabe said:
beebe said:
zbeutler said:
Ok I guess that is a reason.

to breed pud showsteer bulls to, to get them a little bigger?

Dale

Someone said that the giant skeletons found in the digs were not dinosaurs but his British breed from the '80's.  Current cattle nearly all have some of those giants back in the pedigree, but breeders have selected toward their goals.  Fire and ice matings can have a good result or not....sometimes it works.