Biodiesel as adhesive remover?

Help Support Steer Planet:

LLFarms

Went to our first cattle show this weekend. I bought a quart bottle of adhesive remover from the supply trailer. It was EZ brand "be gone" and labeled a "green" product. Cost $27.00.  I opened it up and it looks, smells, and feels just like biodiesel.  Does anyone know if this is indeed what it is? If so, it'll be the last time I buy any as I can by several gallons of biodiesel for $27.00.

KCK

My family uses crop oil to break down. Being from Indiana, it is every where. Moisturizes the skin after a day of harsh treatment. Cheaper, or normally is. Who knows these days.

HGC

KCK said:
My family uses crop oil to break down. Being from Indiana, it is every where. Moisturizes the skin after a day of harsh treatment. Cheaper, or normally is. Who knows these days.
How do you appy it?  Will it go through a spray bottle?

cowboy8733

I have used crop oil, now days its getting pretty pricey or at least around us, you can apply it with a squirt bottle or one of those hand held pump up garden sprayers.  best thing i have used is ez-all adheisive remover or final bloom. these two products seem to have worked the best.  I have tried many many different ways and products,the best way is to fit them up at home and experement a little to see what works best.

shortii

Really just about anything oil based should break glue down

KCK

Yep. A little goes a long way in a spray bottle. Always just spray a little to start, scrub it in, see what you need. One good thing is you don't have any worry of it harming the cattle like some removers.