Birthmark cow

Help Support Steer Planet:

Ruchian

Does anyone know where youcan find a picture of the old birthmark cow of Ohlde's?

knabe

Ruchian said:
Does anyone know where youcan find a picture of the old birthmark cow of Ohlde's?

this is pretty easy.

http://www.ohldecattle.com/assets/info/info4.html

OCC Dixie Erica 816B -- A full sister to OCC Emblazon 854E and OCC Echelon 857E and the dam of OCC Homer 650H.

for pics of other cows, just go to the sire section, and click on more at the bottom of each sire.

good grief, look at the tuckus on the RA sire at the bottom of the page.

http://www.chapmancattle.com/sires.htm

Crowfoot Rambler 1038L

chambero

Out of curiousity, why do you ask?

I didn't know they had a famous cow with a birthmark.

We bought a Anchor son from Griswold this spring that is our of an Ohlde cow that is a grandaughter of Emblazon.  We didn't notice it at the sale, but he has huge white circle birthmark on this left hip/stifle.  Is this marking relatively common in some Ohlde cattle?

knabe

there was a charolais bull who used to throw birthmarks on the lower rear end in the 80's.  guggenburgers in san juan bautista CA either had him or used him.

i can't remember, but there was either a chi bull or a black chi bull who did as well in the 80's.

as i mentioned before, ildeno used to throw a mole on the cheek with a big ol hair coming out.

simtal

wasn't there a steer that won a big show in texas, slick steer, that had a huge birthmark on his hip?

Bawndoh

My sister gets some RA cattle with teeny birthmarks on them.  She was all paranoid and dyed a 2x2 inch spot for a show last year.  She didnt want people ratting her out thinking we didnt have true purebred RA cattle.  I shook my head...as she proceeded to poke and prod at the spot and talk about how much the dye didnt match the rest of the hair color.

KYsteer

The 816B cow is what Tim has considered to be the ideal Angus cow for some time.  She is a B cow which would make her a mid 90's model.  With all the generations that have come since I am sure that they have cows now that are probably better than her.  I am curious if anyone else has any calves out of any of the newer Ohlde Bulls, such as Missing Link, Paxton, or Prototype?

knabe

KYsteer said:
The 816B cow is what Tim has considered to be the ideal Angus cow for some time.  She is a B cow which would make her a mid 90's model.  With all the generations that have come since I am sure that they have cows now that are probably better than her.  I am curious if anyone else has any calves out of any of the newer Ohlde Bulls, such as Missing Link, Paxton, or Prototype?

i would hope so, as they dispersed most of the mature cow herd,anything over 2? a couple of years ago i think.