BKDJ BACKDRAFT 721J

Help Support Steer Planet:

knabe

what's the story on this bull?  can't seem to find any info, other than his pedigree, draftpick, therefore potential PHA carrier.  one of my cows, PHA free is out of a full sis to backdraft.  she's got a nice long thick femur without being bulgy, nice tight udder, dainty teats.  have one calf from her who was sick when i received them, and never really took off.  have a heifer out of her by a son of paramount, status unknown, will know in about a month.  not very deep, but has interesting shape.  long body, thick everywhere on the back end, decent head and neck.  grows like a weed compared to my others.  was worried the cow wouldn't milk, but the weed proved me wrong.  paramount was 2200-2400 pounds, the black son, i've located, is about 1500-1600 pounds and thick.  i'm hoping this heifer will be early maturing, though i doubt it since her bw was 99lbs. i am going to pay to have the bull tested for pha.  someone on showsteer mentioned they had a calf out of the bull (the paramount son) and he was a carrier, don't know the female line, understand the odds obviously.  sorry, this post has lost focus.... the owner of the bull was unaware of PHA.  they have no draftpick in their herd.  did my duty on that.

red

Knabe- didn't see him on any list clean or dirty. Not sure the status.

Red

Telos

BKDJ Backdraft 721J, sold in Denver to be syndicated for about $125,000. Saw some of his full sib flushmates here in Texas at the XL despersion sale a number of years ago. He is a carrier. BKDJ Landmark is one of his high profiling son's which is also a carrier. Many of those PHA carriers were bringing lots of money back about 5-7 years ago. That's one time I'm glade I didn't have lots of money to throw away, because I thought they were great.

Latest posts