Black Gold for sale Maine Anjou Heatseeker x Ali

Help Support Steer Planet:

ringking

Black Gold is 3/4 Maine Anjou and will produce those high dollar show calves with consistency. Black Gold is TH and PHA free BW:85 lbs D.O.B 2-7-08 Calves sired by Black Gold are gaining between 4-5 lbs daily and Birthweights Avg 72 lbs. If you are serious about building show calves and want awsome maternal heifers that are stout made and fancy! fancy! fancy! Black Gold will do just that. Black Gold was the Grand Champion Bull of all breeds at the Utah state livestock show and the grandam of Black Gold has produced more champions than any cow on our place. Black Gold is halter broke and has a great disposition and calves as well. We were going to take Black Gold to Denver on display but he was breeding cows. He is sound and healthy and his semen is potent i am asking $ 7,500 and $ 1,900 worth of semen included thats listed at cattlevisions.com please no low ball offers this bull is "BIG TIME" he just has not been marketed like the bulls you hear of all the time like Monopoly and Carnac etc. Serious buyers can call me @ 801-319-2798 or email [email protected] here are a few pictures of his calves and also pics available at my blog shepherdsshowcattle.blogspot.com The only reason i am selling Black Gold is i have kept to many heifers sired by him.

Attachments

• best jack pot pics.JPG
    best jack pot pics.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 91

rackranch

Nice calve but I'm wondering.  Why would someone want a calve that gains 5 pounds a day?  Seems to me like they could get out of hand in a hurry unless your AI dates were adjusted for a later birthing date.  Curious is all, thanks for the reply.

I think feed conversion would be the reason for wanting high gains.  Sounds like an easy feeding one to me.  Thats the trouble with the club calf industry is that there are alot of poor doers out there and we are weaning off midgets from no milking mothers. 

ringking

It all depends on the calf some can handle the weight gains others cant, It also can be controlled by grain ration i would rather have a calf that gains pounds  than one you have to force feed to it all the time. You also sell cattle by the pound outside the show world.

tuckerlandcattle

weight per day of age is always a good thing.  The  higher the better, the club calf industry is a very small portion of what happens to the cattle business as a whole.  Therefore, putting calves out the will take less time to reach market weight is great thing in my book.  Therefore, I don't have to spend anymore money feeding them then what is required.  I can see how someone, might correlate that into to big, but realistically, if they are still gaining, and that progeny is expected to enter and exit feedlots quicker, then it will require less input money and result in greater profit.