Black Hair Dye

Help Support Steer Planet:

WMW11

Does anyone sell black hair color in a large bottle?  Maybe gallon jug? Thanks

Hilltop

Go to your local hair salon and ask for black die. You will have to mix it also but just get a quick lesson from them and do not leave on for more than about 20 minutes. I would have to double check with Momma for sure. She is a hairdresser turned cattle fitter! It will be about third or half price of the livestock hair die.

Cattle7

Sullivans hair dye is too expensive. We use human hair dye. Revlon 10. 3-4 boxes will do one calf. DONT LEAVE ON FOR MORE THAN 20 minutes!

kvhranch

Funny post - we were joking about dyeing our steers black this weekend.  We have 2 red steers in a very black county.  I'm guessing you all are talking about dyeing faded black calves.  But thanks for making me giggle today.

siggyl67

I like to use Revlon 10.  I mix it with the Kleen Sheen and also use the conditioner packet in my mix.  I have also left it on for up to 1 hour on a calf.  It just really depends on the calf.  If they seem to be irratated by the dye then you need to rinse as soon as possible.  Some take the dye real easy and others it irratated their skin.  The Revlon is way cheaper than the Sullivans product.