black hided cats

Help Support Steer Planet:

aj

Are black hided cats better than colored cats? Are there differences with disposition? Thanks in advance.

pigguy

i have no idea but or black cats are mean, and scared of everything, but our gray, orange, and whit ecats, are normally pretty nice

DL

aj said:
Are black hided cats better than colored cats? Are there differences with disposition? Thanks in advance.

aj - I am allergic to cats - I am just as allergic to the black hided cats as the other cats - people have dropped off black hided cats and they seem just as dandy as barn cats as the non black hided cats that were dropped off - I once got a pair of sister cats of mousing stock - one black one grey tabby - they were pretty much the same in sneeze potential - I do however worry about the red hided cats with horns (allergic to them too) ;)

CPL

We have four cats. Orange, Black, Gray, and White. All in door cats

Orange is the meanest thing alive. She is the cat form of the devil. Hissing, scratching and biting are what you can expect.
The Black is the laziest and most friendly. He will be the one that sits on your lap.
The Gray is medium, but she can bite.
The White is a bit older, but she is fairly friendly but gets an attitude every now and then.

Just my experiences....

Simmimom

Our black cat (neutered male) is the most popular fellow in the area.  A great personality (too great if you are allergic like I am).  Our calico is a scaredy who hides from all strangers.

aj

I have a yellow tabby tom cat that gets to come in the house for visits. We discuss corn market strategies and presidential candidates. He takes a nap with me on the lazy boy then he has to go out. There is a black tom out there that he has to fight with once in a while. By the way my cat is a Libertarian but a social conservative. The black cat is a left wing Democrat that however is hawkish on military issues. ;D

Rocky Hill Simmental

Black cats are loners. They usually stay away from the rest of the pride. The queen stays in the barn and catches mice and the tom sets in the dumpster. Both are very friendly to humans but don't get along well with the other cats.  The orange cats are friendly usually but the yellow ones are usually chickens and don't like being petted. The Russian blue colored ones are extremely friendly and like a lot of human contact. Calicos range anywhere from uneasy to being totally spooky. The dumbest cats are the ones with light colored bodies and dark faces but they are extremely good mousers. The tabby cats are friendly but usually kind of dumb too.

jason

My parents have a black farm cat and he is wild, a few orange fluffies and they are usually pretty wild too.  Tabby and grey seem to be the tamest for us.

Telos

I had a black cat once. He wasn't very big, but had at least 4 inches of hair. I wonder if he had a defective gene or two? Would have made a good show steer, but left him a tomcat.

aj

Telos, with the long hair he was probably th positive. Hey by the way, I heard Feist on the radio the other day. It was her 1234 song I think. I bought the album. At first listening to her in a pickup I didn't get it. But after listening to her in a quiet room doing pedigrees I'm hooked. The instruments vary from banjo to trumpet to everything. I liked the park song also. She's probably not real commercial pop orientated but a nice change of pace. I give her 4 claps out of 5. (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping)

DL

aj said:
Telos, with the long hair he was probably th positive. Hey by the way, I heard Feist on the radio the other day. It was her 1234 song I think. I bought the album. At first listening to her in a pickup I didn't get it. But after listening to her in a quiet room doing pedigrees I'm hooked. The instruments vary from banjo to trumpet to everything. I liked the park song also. She's probably not real commercial pop orientated but a nice change of pace. I give her 4 claps out of 5. (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping)

aj - that is the reason you castrate all black cats with 4 inch hair - TH - I think it is a law in California, probably Hollywood where they cannot be declawed or produce progeny with more hair than Paris Hilton ;D

yeah ol' Telos turned me on the Feist too - I've got her on the iPOD - there are some times when Layla is a bit much but 1234 does the trick ;)