Black Paint on Columbia Coat HELP!!!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

ShowStopper

[size=10pt]I bought a new Columbia coat at Denver this year and while on the hill, some how got black paint sprayed all over the back. How in the world can I get this out without ruining the coat???[/size] ??? ???

justme

Have tried to hocus pocus it or anything yet of that sort?  I'd try that then when you wash it, put some oxy-clean in with it.  You've got nothing to loose I'd give it a try.  I know I hocus pocus my clothes that has black paint on them.

OH Breeder

Spay with EZ All is not harsh at all. Do spot test. The Hocus Pocus may cause the color to bleed depending on the fabric. Oxy Clean woudl have worked if it was immediate. But if its had time to set. Get some EZ All and rub in and rinse out.

cattlejunky

As OH Breeder said try the ezall It's gone.  My husband had gum on his Columbia coat this week and I sprayed the ezall on it and it came right off.  Good Luck.

Nasc

Has it already dried?

Being it was spray paint it is more then likely oil base, which oil base has a tendency to soak into fabric making it next to impossible to get out after the paint has dried.
What ever you try to use make sure to do some test spots in some inconspicuous places before tackling the entire coat.
I have good luck using Baby Oil, or Skin-So-Soft but I always get to it before the Paint has dried. Plus these oils may cause another spot or greasy looking spot on your coat.

If by chance it was Latex based you stand a better hope of getting it off.
Latex tends to stay on the surface and does not penetrate fabric the same way Oil Bases do.
You can try a product by the name of Goof-Off. This stuff works great on the latex base paints, not so well on the oil bases. This Goof-Off has a strong odor to it, so use it in a well ventilated place.
Simple Green is another multi-purpose cleaner that works well on paint stains.

Good luck 

ShowStopper

I had thought about trying hocus pocus or ezall but wasn't sure if it would leave greasy spots on it. The black paint that got sprayed on it was just Jet Black (the sullivans kind). and it did have time to dry because I did not even know that it was on there...i will give it a try

Jill

We have had it get on coats breaking down, and it will generally wash out, haven't had it ever sprayed directly on a coat.  I would think Hocus Pocus would leave an oil spot, I would try I's Gone 1st and if you have a place on the inside of the coat that you can spray to see how it looks that will tell you whether or not it will leave a oil stain.  You might check with your local Dry Cleaners to see if they have any tricks.  Good Luck

KDSC

Well last show WE went to the kids got black paint on every thing in including a pink show shirt, so when We got home about a 4 hour drive, and then the next moring a sprayed almost everything with hocus pocus, but I ran out so the pink show shirt, and my coat,( same material as Columbia coats,) I didnt put anything on it I just threw it all in the wash and add a cup of oxy clean, and after wards everything was clean. I havent tried ezall, to expenseive ;D (or maybe I am cheap  ??? ??? ) (yeah I think thats what it is ;D)

And it was the sullivans black paint

JbarL

check the cleaning insructions on the jacect...it is no doubt washable.....will depend on if its laytex or enamel paint....soak it...and try and get as muchoff with a toothbrush or smething to of that nature first..using any chemical....dep[ending on the color  you may get the paint out along with the color....it wouldnt be a bad idea to call columbia....they will  be more to help than you may think....what ever you do.....dont put it in the dyrer...let it hang dry and if it dosnt all come out you wont sent it in with the heat.....and still have another shot....jbarl