Black's Annual Female & Bull Sale

Help Support Steer Planet:

chambero

Everybody says they want to see people sell show cattle without all the hair.  Kris's annual sale catalog can be accessed through Collins website and you can see photos in it - of slicked off heifers and bulls for the most part.  I wish everyone would show them to you that way.

He doesn't have everything tested yet and there are probably lots of carriers, but he advertises them for what they are.  (Tests on the bulls are supposed to be available by sale date).

Anyway, I thought some of you might enjoy looking at real photos.

shorthorns r us

good set of cattle as always.  from the catalog, this set seems to be a bit weaker than last year.  anybody else have an opinion?

knabe

Hey Chambero,

http://64.182.75.162:55555/tile.jsp?reCache=1

not sure if i'm looking at the right pics.  the pdf's don't have a lot of pics onthe females, but the link to pics only without info on individuals,

i like
GCC568S  might be a little over in front, but like her roominess
collins 6027
KB_Lot_3_Tag_591.jpg
Collins_919_2.jpg       

it sure seems like you could pick out the lifelines tail heads, but i don't know if they were because of the link issue noted above.
for some reason, the meyer734 looking females don't really get me too excited, although 6027 looks like she might be one.

After seeing my roomy cow have twins and seeing her big ol belly, she's the bigger eater, i like seeing a cow being able to support that big cellulose converter without being posty, sicklehocked, reasonably level.  i guess stating the obvious is kinda silly.

afhm

knabe you are looking in the wrong place, those cattle were in the Exposure Sale las December.  The 6027 heifer you were looking is a Carney Man and is in my barn now.

knabe

got the link chambero
greah afhm!  i liked her uniform thickness and balance, while still retaining some feminity.  what do those blazes throw when bred to a bull that throws a pattern? ie non solid maine's, or shorthorns?
to get the other ones to open, click it a second time, it ignores the PW protection

i like

lot 22
i find lot 10 extremely interesting.  i really like the fact she is on level ground.  a bit faint of bone.

i am not familiar with hoo doo, but they look deep and very even of capacity front to back.  would like to see one with a pasture belly.

any comments on the topline from  the 13th rib to the hooks and then to the pins on some of the cattle?  again, seem very lifeline.  what are the merits of this? to balance what some clubby bulls may have in that area, ie more of a slope, but otherwise desirable?

red

had to  sit down w/ the catalog after reading the comments. Very interesting group of cattle. Do like that most are looking very natural. Loads of color choices! Still like that Yellow Jacket. his dam looks awesome!
I'm still trying to decide on my Meyer's heifer. great bone & structure but very leggy. time will tell.

Afhm, is the one you bought lot 54? Great heifer! I liked her back when!

Red